Updating Sonarr over Web UI - No longer able to visit Web UI, But can ping the sever

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Current Behavior
Hello everyone, I have been away from my system given school came back into my life. However I have a couple of days of down time and wanted to get my system up to date.

I had the current version
Version
Mono Version
AppData directory
/usr/local/sonarr
Startup directory
/usr/local/share/sonarr
Mode

Everything was working fine,
I then hit the update button, over the Web UI

I now have 3.0.6.1342 given what my Truenas sever states. However I can no longer get to the Web UI. I can ping my address but it seems I can't manage the Web UI.

Does this have anything to do with me using Mono? and need to move to .net? If so I'm still not the best with updating my system without a guide. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Steps To Reproduce
Update Sonarr with the following vision using the web UI.

Version
Mono Version

Environment
- Sonarr: 3.0.6.1342
- Docker Install: --> I think this means jail which is what Truenas core uses to store programs
- Using Reverse Proxy: No
- Browser: chrome
What branch are you running?
Main or sonarr-devel not sure how to tell , I remember moving to sonarr-devel to get the v3 sonarr working.

Anything else?
I'm new to severs still and I'm dyslexic , Sorry If my outline of the issue doesn't make sense. The larger issue is I can't assess my web UI.

If I'm able to ping the sever does that mean I'm pinging sonarr or just the jail?

So go to the GUI>Jails>Sonarr >Shell and run the following..

service sonarr start

What does it say?

Dellyjoe

Explorer
So go to the GUI>Jails>Sonarr >Shell and run the following..

service sonarr start

What does it say?
Good Morning John Digital,

Thank you for getting back to me, It states "Starting sonarr", which is interesting.
The GUI of truenas core stated it was up and running.

However, I still can't visit the website

I'm running sonarr in a 12.1-Release-p13 if that helps at all.

Last edited:
so at the same command prompt run top and see if its running.

Dellyjoe

Explorer

Attachments

• sonarr_Top.JPG
    sonarr_Top.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 198
Yep so I bet its not truly "starting". If its me im guessing that the web GUI ran into some permissions issues along the way. Try this at the same command prompt..
pkg update && pkg upgrade -yf This will reinstall all packages including sonarr.
chown -R sonarr:sonarr /usr/local/sonarr /usr/local/share/sonarr Sets the directory owners back up as sonarr, its feasible that this could be different for you, but unlikely.
service sonarr start
netstat -n | grep 8989 and or top See if its running now?

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Yep so I bet its not truly "starting". If its me im guessing that the web GUI ran into some permissions issues along the way. Try this at the same command prompt..
pkg update && pkg upgrade -yf This will reinstall all packages including sonarr.
chown -R sonarr:sonarr /usr/local/sonarr /usr/local/share/sonarr Sets the directory owners back up as sonarr, its feasible that this could be different for you, but unlikely.
service sonarr start
netstat -n | grep 8989 and or top See if its running now?

Thank you for all the help so far John,
Still not able to get it to work. Running pkg update && pkg upgrade -yf seemed to work it installed over 70 different things.

chown -R sonarr:sonarr /usr/local/sonarr /usr/local/share/sonarr didn't send any command back but I think that is normal

service sonarr start --> Stated sonarr starting.

netstat -n | grep 8989 --> Not sure what this does but top didn't show anything I don't believe.
sonarr_Top.JPG

I restarted sonarr from the truecore GUI but it didn't seem to work>

Anything else I can try?

Again thank you for all the help so far.

Joe

Its my pleasure. Have a look thru the logs for hints. cat /usr/local/sonarr/logs/sonarr.txt | grep Error

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Its my pleasure. Have a look thru the logs for hints. cat /usr/local/sonarr/logs/sonarr.txt | grep Error

Looking at the logs, It doesn't look like there is any error other then indexer issues, or some dognzb api issue.

Attachments

• Sonarr_error_Map.JPG
    Sonarr_error_Map.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 191
Do mono -V What version of mono?

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Do mono -V What version of mono?
root@sonarr:/ # mono -V
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/mono: Undefined symbol "pthread_getname_np@FBSD_1.6"\

this is something I have not seen before. Does this mean that it doesn't know what mono is ?

Last edited:

Dellyjoe

Explorer
i'm running jail

12.1-RELEASE-p13 do you think that is the problem?
Moving to Jail 12.2-RELEASE-p10 seemed to fix the issue with getting the error ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/mono: Undefined symbol "pthread_getname_np@FBSD_1.6"\

when running mono -V, I get the following

Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue Oct 19 18:07:29 UTC 2021)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
Suspend: preemptive
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Moving to Jail 12.2-RELEASE-p10 seemed to fix the issue with getting the error ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/mono: Undefined symbol "pthread_getname_np@FBSD_1.6"\

when running mono -V, I get the following

Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue Oct 19 18:07:29 UTC 2021)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
Suspend: preemptive
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)
@John Digital I was able to get it working again. Updating to the new jail release seemed to work. I do have errors now in sonarr
All indexers are unavailable due to failures for more than 6 hours
All search-capable indexers are temporarily unavailable due to recent indexer errors
All rss-capable indexers are temporarily unavailable due to recent indexer errors

But I think I can figure them out !

Thanks again,
Joe

Yes great progress. Mono in relation to sonarr has been goofy of late. Readdition of indexers might fix?

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Yes great progress. Mono in relation to sonarr has been goofy of late. Readdition of indexers might fix?

Wish it did, still looking up more information on it. Going to finish a test tonight and then tomorrow look into it a bit more.

Thanks for all the help again ! I now have my logs under debug which will help out a lot more ! Also learned a lot from you which I will put the above information in my notes at some point this week, so I don't forget how to do it !

Joe

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Do you happen to know where the cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt is located in FreeBSD. I need to some how sync my system's certs with mono's certs