Some issues migrating my previous Plex install and managing library locations / IP address

hungarianhc

Patron
Hey There,

I'm in the process of migrating from TrueNAS Core to SCALE, and I've had a handful of issues...

1. I've successfully exported my 'Plex Media Server' directory from my old install and I know the migration CAN be successful, as I tried Proxmox last week, created an LXC container w/ Plex, mapped the data directory to the standard /mnt/Media where my former TrueNAS Core installation expected it to me. I booted up Plex, and boom - nothing skipped a beat. However, I'm not getting the same result w/ Plex as TrueNAS Scale app. I have a data directory set for the plex config. When I start up the container, I can see that Plex is writing data there. I kill the container. I copy my old Plex config directory into the correct location, but now my library is missing. Does anyone know why it might be missing? Is it because the old /mnt/Media directory is no longer valid and I need to modify based on where the TrueNAS app maps the data directory?

2. Changing IP addresses... I'm used to all of my applications running separate IP addresses, and I like this setup. Is this not how TrueNAS scale apps are deployed?

I have a feeling most of my issues are because I'm not familiar w/ docker containers. This seems very black boxy to me, and I'm in a new world here, whereas Linux containers just feel like VMs to me.