Cant find video files

Houghton19

Dabbler
Im back again, so I was unsuccessful in using my NAS with the inbuilt terramaster software, I am currently trying to run TrueNas scale on my NAS device after a little upgrade. again, like my last post, my knowledge is very limited (only been using truenas for about a week)

Im looking at using this as a home server and also a small plex server, most important at the moment are 3 apps.

Sabnzbd, Plex, Next pvr. so far I have all three apps installed, if Im not mistaken the apps are installed via Kubernetes.

I have successfully downloaded a video folder using sab and have it show up in my plex library. Great, however once again its Nextpvr causing me the pain, when installing sab it lets me save my downloads on my drive
/mnt/Downloads/SabNZBdComplete

this can be mounted inside plex and lets me access the files.

I then do the same for NextPVR, and have "app recording storage" in the app info/ install set to /mnt/Downloads/NextPVR/Recordings. app installs no issues, I can add my digital tuner, see my channels and record, however the recordings seem to stay within the container/pod. if I try to set the above as a record folder I get a message from Next saying "IP address:10183 says, unable to add recording directory: Directory /mnt/Downloads/NextPVR/Recordings does not exist.

if I manually select the folder, i can see the /mnt folder but it is empty.

I seem to be in a catch 22, as the other way I thought would be to direct Plex to the custom folder that NextPVR uses, but my plex cant find that folder that way either.

I have tried changing groups, owners, run as admin, root, nobody, and end up with the same issue.

Does anyone know how I can "join" (for lack of a better word) the two apps so I can see the directory?

Also tried setting the directory as a SMB file in the hope that plex could load that, but from inside next it still cant see that file despite it being added when installing the app as the "recording location"

thanks for any help on this matter, I have also copied and pasted from the nextpvr forum.

Celeron N5105
upgraded Ram to Corsair Vengeance 32gb
OS installed onto Viathan VT 256gb NVMe SSD
then i have 3x 2TB Hitachi_HDS5C3020ALA632 in raid Z1
1x samsung 8TB ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z in stripe.

Houghton19

Dabbler
So just an update, I managed to sort this. It seems that even though the directory in the web gui says it wasnt going there the files actually were, just my plex couldnt see them, I ended up stripping all of the ACL settings and redone some and hey presto it works.