Plex App - Won't deploy after re-install, logs and shell are inaccessible

furfoxsake

Cadet
Hi!

To start, I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.2. I had wanted to change some configurations with my plex app (mainly enable config host path), so I thought I would delete it and start from scratch. When I went to re-install it, the app would no longer deploy. I also went to try the truecharts version, but it will not deploy either. I have tried reinstalling it many times, to no avail. I even tried installing the official app without touching any of the settings, but still no luck deploying. I tried disabling host safety path checks as well since I saw a lot of threads about that issue, but still nothing.

I am running other apps that all seem to work fine (nextcloud, collabora, homeassistant, sonarr, radarr). Since these work fine, and plex used to work, I figure it must have something to do with the fact that I deleted the plex app and tried to reinstall.

When I go to look at the logs, I am getting an error:
Code:
Received 400 response code from '/api/v1/namespaces/ix-plex/pods/plex-6c457548bc-9d8xd/log?follow=true×tamps=true&timeoutSeconds=1800&container=plex&tailLines=500'

When I try to access the shell from the apps page, I get a different error:
Code:
error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("plex")

I'm at my wits end and I can't seem to find anyone else who had this issue with a solution. I'm grateful for any help anyone might have. Please let me know if I am missing any crucial information.

furfoxsake

Cadet
UPDATE: right after posting this thread, I tried reinstalling, changing the name of the install to 'plex2' and it worked. When I go to the docker images and search plex, there is only one docker image (there were none before this new install). Technically this should work, but I would prefer to name the app 'plex' still, and would like to know what I did wrong to try to avoid this issue in the future.

furfoxsake

Cadet
UPDATE 2: After the successful reinstall with 'plex2', the original plex app will now deploy. I'm guessing when I deleted it, I clicked the remove docker images checkbox, and it wouldn't create a new one on install until I changed the name. Hopefully I don't mess anything up anymore. I'm just glad it's working for now.