[SOLVED]Plex 2.0.2 Any install guide anyware

Nitrof

Dabbler
Hi.

Just move from Core to Scale and made everything to work quite easy, except for plex.

I could not found any install guide for version 2 of plex and things seems really dirfferent.

On tuto for version 1.x, they tell to enable <<configure host network>>, but this option is not present on v2... only Host nerwork. but when go over ?, it say <<recommended to leave it disable>>. Should I enable it?

I tried this configuration for storage:
Screenshot 2024-03-16 142011.png

Afet install, the share do not seem to have group@ apps permission, should I set it by anabling ACL on plex setup?
TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3
Everything on the same network.

Thanks

Last edited:

malachi

Cadet
I have basically the same questions as you. Every set of instructions I find is for a previous version of TrueNAS Plex and doesn't seem to apply to what I'm seeing.

Were you able to get Plex working, and if so, how?

Nitrof

Dabbler
Finnaly make it working:
-First, make data path path existin in system, them make it point to you're share. I did not needed to add ACL.
-I add only path to configs dataset the same way, but as i wonder if leave it as let system create dataset would work.
-I don't use transcode so.. did not set the other field.

-I did not enable the host connection...

-After, I checked if <<group@apps>> have share permission and it does, if not, add it

-For me the web portal link was not working in Trnas web GUI, I put it manually.

-Finally, where I think I mess out the first time, the share is not added to /media un plex, but in /data folder... found it by hazard...

That's all I've got.

Greating.

Nitrof

malachi

Cadet
I just realized, looking at the image of your Plex settings, that my case is different. I don't even have a "Host Path Configuration" section. Nor, do I have a host path field or a folder selection option like in your settings. I'm using the latest stable versions of both TrueNAS (TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2) and TrueNAS Plex (1.40.1.8227).

Nitrof

Dabbler
Same version here.

-On Truenas, on apps/Plex, clic edit, on the top right you have the setup section, it is on the "Storage configuration" section.

malachi

Cadet
You are correct as to where the Plex settings are. However, as described, I do not have the aforementioned fields/options that you do.
Here is a screenshot of my TrueNAS Plex settings:

Last edited:

Nitrof

Dabbler
On storage configuration, The first line say: Plex data storage. in the field "Type", select "Host path (path already exsist in the system)". Then, another field should appear where you select you're media storage path.

Repete process for configuration is needed.

Regards.

Nitrof

malachi

Cadet
I apologize, the first image I uploaded was downscaled upon upload so you couldn't read any of its text. I've uploaded a new screenshot here.
As you can see from the screenshot, the "Type" dropdown field in the Plex Data Storage section is disabled and unselectable.

Thank you verily for taking the time to help me BTW!

malachi

Cadet
Thanks but I actually initially checked "Enable ACL" to try and enable their respective "Type" fields.

Nitrof

Dabbler
try remove and reinstall plex.. if that do not work, you should start another tread with that specific problem....

On my side, I'm out of option.
Sorry.