Request for NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy Drivers on TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3

MrKindlyWolf

Cadet
Dear Support Team,

I am reaching out regarding an issue I encountered with my TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 installation. It pertains to the compatibility and functionality of the NVIDIA GPU within the system.

Upon reviewing the configuration, I noticed that my GPU, specifically the NVIDIA Tesla K80, is not being recognized within the system. After conducting thorough diagnostics, I have determined that the cause of this issue lies in the current driver version installed, which does not support the NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU.

It has come to my attention that the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers are required for proper functionality of the GPU in question. Unfortunately, the current driver version provided with TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 does not include support for this legacy hardware.

As such, I kindly request your assistance in installing the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers onto my TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 system. This installation is crucial for enabling the proper utilization of the NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU within my setup.

Should it not be possible to install the required legacy drivers on the current TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 version, I would appreciate guidance on downgrading to an older version of TrueNAS-SCALE that supports the installation of the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers. Ensuring compatibility with the GPU is essential for the functionality of my system, and I am eager to resolve this issue promptly.

Below is the error message I encountered related to the GPU:

NVRM: The NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU installed in this system is NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 470.xx Legacy drivers.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt assistance and resolution of this issue.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
NB: Unless you're running a TrueNAS Enterprise system with an active support contract, you won't have official support from iX. What's offered here is best-effort community support.

Now that's out of the way, the last SCALE release that supported the nVidia 470 drivers was Angelfish, 22.02.4. So far as I'm aware, it's not possible to downgrade from 23.10.1.3 to 22.02.4; you'll need to reinstall, and then recreate your config. You may even need to recreate your pool, due to ZFS flags unsupported in 22.02.4.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Dear Support Team,

I am reaching out regarding an issue I encountered with my TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 installation. It pertains to the compatibility and functionality of the NVIDIA GPU within the system.

Upon reviewing the configuration, I noticed that my GPU, specifically the NVIDIA Tesla K80, is not being recognized within the system. After conducting thorough diagnostics, I have determined that the cause of this issue lies in the current driver version installed, which does not support the NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU.

It has come to my attention that the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers are required for proper functionality of the GPU in question. Unfortunately, the current driver version provided with TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 does not include support for this legacy hardware.

As such, I kindly request your assistance in installing the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers onto my TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 system. This installation is crucial for enabling the proper utilization of the NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU within my setup.

Should it not be possible to install the required legacy drivers on the current TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.3 version, I would appreciate guidance on downgrading to an older version of TrueNAS-SCALE that supports the installation of the NVIDIA 470.xx.xx Legacy drivers. Ensuring compatibility with the GPU is essential for the functionality of my system, and I am eager to resolve this issue promptly.

Below is the error message I encountered related to the GPU:

NVRM: The NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU installed in this system is NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 470.xx Legacy drivers.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt assistance and resolution of this issue.

Dragonfish BETA uses Nvidia driver 545.23.08
I don't think Nvidia has added any support for legacy Tesla GPUs.

Dragonfish does support a "developer mode".... that may let you add support. You would have to experiment.