Mount a SMB folder for Applications? Plex help?

dbb12345

Dabbler
Hello and thank you so much. I am learning Truenas Scale as a whole so please talk slow :). I built my server, got it up, and am slowly moving everything over form my Synology and Windows Server. My most important thing being Plex which I have HIT a wall. My plex data is not stored locally on Truenas but instead over SMB on my Synology. How do you guys get this to work? Plex does not map to network drives and the "Configure Plex Extra Host Path Volumes" in the applications portion of Scale does not appear to let me map a network drive. I can share from synology using different protocols but not sure where to go from here. Been at this all weekend. I REALLY don't want to spin up a windows VM for plex again.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Right now there isn't an easy way to share that data back to inside the Plex container on TrueNAS SCALE. The container is expecting the media data to live locally on TrueNAS somewhere, not a remote mount-point.

dbb12345

Dabbler
Thank you for the reply. 2 follow up questions.

1. Can I mount it with an init script?
2. Is the "official app not server? it looks like it is just plex player not server?

sretalla