SOLVED: Moved to new Hardware Issues - 0.0.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Here is a screen shot of the BIOS too...IP6 is disabled but nothing else looked off to me. Any suggested changes?

Thanks
Is this ipmi settings?

Typically your BIOS has nothing to do with the actual network configuration. That's left up to the OS

Clinderw

Explorer
Intel. It is a IBM x3300m4 (here is the spec guide if its of any interest).

I also looked on the router and on a network scanner and am not seeing the computer. I also set a static IP and tried to ping the router - got the message 'no route to host'.

Thank!

Last edited:

Clinderw

Explorer
on boot i hit f1 to go to system config window and then i affect stuff in the network config option of the integrated management module settings. the network option doesn't give me options really. screen shots attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 237

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Integrated management module sounds like ipmi....how many nics total on the back of the server? 3?

Clinderw

Explorer
i thought so too but i don't think they are related - i'm certainly no expert here though. Attaching a guide guide i found on it. Based on this i might switch the network interface port from shared to dedicated.

I only have 2 available NICs on the back. Someone earlier mentioned they put the IPMI near the mouse/keyboard ports - this server has none.

Thanks again for the support

Attachments

• 88y7599.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 671

Clinderw

Explorer
Giving it a try now

Clinderw

Explorer
Neither are working - but i'm getting both lights on the NIC port to light up - weird.

Any other suggestions?

Neither are working - but i'm getting both lights on the NIC port to light up - weird.

Any other suggestions?
what if you try setting a static IP address? Is the switch giving out IP addresses, is your DHCP server/router running to give out said addresses? Is this a known good ethernet cable?

Clinderw

Explorer
Router is running, and i can set static IPs.

I tried a different cable earlier, let me try going to the router and plugging it directly into it. Be right back.

Thanks

Router is running, and i can set static IPs.

I tried a different cable earlier, let me try going to the router and plugging it directly into it. Be right back.

Thanks
You can also try and ping the static IP you just set.

Clinderw

Explorer
Alright, so i plugged it directly into the router and it worked! Unbelievable, that means i have a different problem but thats for another day.

I just popped out the fresh install drive and put the old config drive in to boot up off of. Hopefully all goes well there.

If this solves my problem it'd mean i have something wrong going to the cat5 in my room...that narrows down the problem for me....after way too many hours..

Question becomes is what did you do to your switch to do VLANs? Undo that or factory reset it and call it a day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clinderw

Explorer
Thanks everyone for the help - greatly appreciated. I thought for sure i was going to be bald by the end of this.

This community is really great, hoping i can give back to it at some point.

@moderators - please mark this solved

Status
Not open for further replies.