[SOLVED] ( kind off) New build constantly rebooting when under any load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctris

Contributor
Yeah, i did those with the onboard realtek to prevent it from crapping out on the watchdog. Intel is actually doing fine.., and it's still running , under load, for about 6 hours straight nog ( trust me, with this piece of kit, that seems to be an accomplisment ;-)

For nown the only thing that bothers me: I still don't know what exactly I did to make it place nice :s

except for the unexpected reboot after sonarr jail install, the machine has ran for 18 hours.. it's gotta have been the image i was using to create my boot usb

Noctris

Contributor
I did a clean install yesterday from last iso and since then it is running fine.

What i did before was use an IMG of 9.2.x , write that to usb and boot. then upgrade using GUI upgrade ( which checks out with the checksum)...

After updating to 9.3, I updated to latest version using the UI.. i verified the install several times from UI aswell...

So now, clean install from iso seems to be stable (except one reboot after jail install. Meanwhile, jails have been running for hours aswell without any issues so that might have been coincidental.

Noctris

Contributor
Just a final update on this issue.

Yeah, so in the end, i never quite fixed this. Swapped m1015's , nic's and just about anything else.. it kept on doing it.. meanwhile on thurseday, my "between 2 and 3 business days" new Supermicro mb + cpu + ram arrived that i ordered on the 5th ( 2 to 3 weeks was more accurate. Don't you just love online shops with fake stock information , what you only find out after you payed the order). Did memtest, booted from freenas and it has been running like a train for the last 48 hours... no problem whatsoever.

I put esx on The board, cpu and ram that caused this issue and it seems to be running although i see high latency on pings ( gonna fire up a couple of vm's once they are on my local datastore -> copying vm's over a wireless link *sucks*)

I am guessing something is wrong with the pcix of this board ( since ping's are done to a intel nic on pci-x slot).. i'm seeing between 10 and 20ms delays in ping and even an occasional drop. ( cables, switch etc all have been checked and fine...

Anyways. i'm gonna let this thread drop down afterwards. Freenas is running again on a nice X9SCM-F with E3-1240 and 32Gb of ECC ram so that should be fine for a couple of years ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.