SNMP OID for usable Amount on Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronsloth

Cadet
Subject pretty much explains it. But here is what is happening.

I have an 8 disk (6TB/disk) Z-RAID(2) setup and when I do an SNMP walk on the FREENAS-MIB, I always get the total disk-space for the pool instead of usable disk-space.

I.E.

snmpwalk -O s -v 2c -c public -t 100 <IPADDRESS> FREENAS

zfsPoolSizeMB.1 = Gauge32: 45717913 (~43TB) *(amount of raw disk before parity)

Instead of showing me actual usable ~29TB *(amount usable after RAID-Z2 parity)

Is there an OID to show me this? I haven't found it yet. I'm about to create a custom one, but thought this should already be standard.

zpool list will give the value I want under "ALLOC"

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Which FreeNAS build version? The SNMP MIBs got an overhaul for 11.1 (starting with BETA1, more in RC1).

cronsloth

Cadet
Which FreeNAS build version? The SNMP MIBs got an overhaul for 11.1 (starting with BETA1, more in RC1).

Running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1). We are in a production env, so I need to stay on stable release.

My work around at this time was to create a script and essentially pass that (with an unused OID) into the snmp.conf via the snmp Auxiliary parameters within the FreeNAS GUI

pass .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.8 /bin/sh /mnt/sys/scripts/snmp_addons/snmp-zpool-home-usable.sh

This works fine for now unless there is a better way.
From my digging into this issue, I've found that the ability to quickly see how much space you have available for data is really complicated on FreeNAS. Not quite sure I fully understand it all just yet. :)

D

dlavigne

Fair enough. Once 11.1 is stable and you have a chance to upgrade, please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org if you find missing MIB functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.