SOLVED zabbix agent on freenas issue

iliak

Contributor
Update: it works with some issues

i have integratd with zabbix with https://github.com/monotok/zabbix-template-freenas11
but the reports of the pool are incorrect, i have 50% usage in the pool, but the report on the zabbix says it is over 70%

i did not do the following: (based on the git read me i)
Code:
Please Note: For ZVols, ZPools and Datasets the data is multiplied by 4096 under PreProcessing. This is the AllocationUnits. All of mine were 4096 so decided this is neater. Obviously this can be changed if required, you can get his data from an SNMP Walk. This could be done automatically by creating a item prototype of allocationUnits, another to get the data in units and then another item prototype to to calculate the value in bytes. This would instead of 14 item prototypes; there would be 42. If anyone knows of a better way then please let me know.

Eg: snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.50 FREENAS-MIB::zvolAllocationUnits snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.50 FREENAS-MIB::zpoolAllocationUnits snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.50 FREENAS-MIB::datasetAllocationUnits

but did not understand what to do exactly with the mib files (that might cause the error in the calculation)

Last edited:

zambanini

Patron
no, you can not install the zabbix agent on FN. snmp should work

iliak

Contributor
what i need to configure in the snmp to make it work?

l@e

Contributor
Just comunity and receiving host ip.
Im using netxms, it works fine. Also you can forward also syslog.

iliak

Contributor
can you help me with the params to configure

l@e

Contributor
sorry just the community name to match the one you have on zabbix, and one of log levels.
if you want snmp v3 that is more secure you can check that but you have to have it enabled in zabbix also.
if you are same net you can use the default V1/2C.

also you hvae to add the node on zabbix server.
log levels you can try which one is better for your use type.
1549296354733.png

iliak

Contributor
to match zabbix? i did not configure anything in zabbix snmp, i already integrated 30+ servers and 4 switches, and in all of them i just turn snmp on, did not require any configuration.

turns out that just turning the service on is enough.

l@e

Contributor
Yes, it is zabbix in this case that is called polling node, and sends queries to specified nodes you add there. Or if you have all of them in the same subnet you may have configured the full network space to autodiscover. Anyway autodiscover is more intensive on resources and if you have many hosts is not recommended, but for small nets is ok.
The only thing you have to match is the comunity name for v1/2c snmp and for v3 aslo login.

iliak

Contributor

iliak

Contributor
does anyone knows what are the steps to configure the MIBS for zabbix?