SOLVED SMB share not work under FreeBSD 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjohn

Cadet
hello

i made a smb share whhich works fine with widnows clients ,but with freebsd 11.2 (KDE4) i get timeout when i try to open the share folder

smb://10.1.1.1./ work fine i can see the folder name but when i click on the folder i get : "time out on server "

on same machine other windows shares work fine.
any ideas how to solver this ?

regards.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Sir, this is not a FreeNAS question.

Have you tried the FreeBSD forum and/or IRC channel?

rjohn

Cadet
i assumed was freenas question since all windows shares work fine with freebsd ,only the share from freenas smb is not working but problem was xorg/kde4 ,i reinstalled them and now works fine.

Last edited:

empereurbh

Dabbler
Got similar problem since last freenas stable update. Some client which can connect before couldn't now but other still work.
My other shares on different os machine (synology, win, Mac, virtual machine..) can be browse by client which can't do the same on my freenas smb share.
A win10 client and Mac OS Mojave don't get any problem to acces my freenas share.
MrMMC (Apple TV kodi app) could access it but the VLC Apple TV app don't display any files after connecting share.
LibreElec running on raspberry pi that don't get any problem before give me "time out on server" at the connection.
Don't know if it could be helpful but the "unix extensions" option of my freenas smb service is disable and greyed.
I have update all my stuff and change option on both side in order to restore samba access that work for almost two years but nothing change.

[EDIT] Solved with https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...for-11-1u5-to-11-1u6.69442/page-2#post-481364

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.