SMB Recycle Bin - Bug or N00b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szyrs

Dabbler
Hi, I'm pretty new to FreeNAS, Ive been following it from affar for a few years but my first proper install was v.11u2. So far it's been great but I'm having a little trouble with the Export Recycle Bin feature. I'm not sure if it's a bug in freenas or my own incompetence.

I have a single RaidZ2 array set up, divided into 5 data sets. I access them primarily from windows machines, so I set up SMB shares with the export recyle bin feature enabled. I have my windows machines set up to view hidden files but a .recycle folder only shows up in one of my SMB shares. When I go to the other SMB Shares in the FreeNAS GUI and try to enable it export recycle bin (Or simply save settings with the checkbox still ticked) I get the following error:

smbd: dnssd-clientstub DNSServiceProcessResult called with DNSServiceRef with no ProcessReply function

I've had an earlier issue with windows shares, where If I created a data set and set up permissions as a windows share, my windows machines couldn't find it on the network but if I created a unix share data set and then changed it to windows share permissions, it was all gravy.I've tried deleting the shares and recreating them with different initial settings and then updating the settings but I can't get a .recycle to show up in any of the other 4 SMB shares.

Is this a bug that I should report or is ther something I'm not doing correctly?

My network settings are all auto, just my fritzbox is setup to assign the same IP - so no dynamic DNS or anything.

Any advice on this would be very helpful, thanks.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

If updating to U4 does not fix it, please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.