Recycle bin not showing files

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipS

Contributor
So your Windows server is accessing multiple datasetse over SMB, and you're sharing all of it with DFS from the Windows server to your devices?

Yes - clients have a mapped share to the DFS root which then has the FreeNAS shares configured there in DFS.

I'm using 11.0U4 and my recycling bin is working properly? I can restore single files or open them while in the recycling bin so far the ones I've checked that have a zero byte size still exist in the dataset (seriously I don't understand this.....) I have one pool that has three shares, each share is its own dataset and permission settings without any child datasets. If you don't want to map every share/dataset to a drive letter why not just map the ones you need to drive letters and make a shortcut to \\servername or IP and that will show all shares on the particulate server?

rangopango

Contributor
Because that is not possible.

This looks atrocious and horrendous. This is also not a proper solution to the problem. Why can't I share from one volume with multiple datasets and have the recycle bin feature working?
b4402a0bc3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.