Sickrage plugin will not start after last update

carleycr

Patron
In case someone wanted to switch to SickChill these steps should work
Code:
service sickrage onestop
rm -r /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickChill-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz
service sickrage start

You could obviously adjust the URL for Medusa.
Joshua, I setup sickrage a about 4 years ago using your old blog. I have sickrage and all my other media plugins installed in the same jail and integrated ever since. I'm on the most current stable build. when I run the fetch line i get an authentication error. Any thoughts how I could get FreeNAS to actually fetch the master SickChill file? Thanks ahead of time.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Joshua, I setup sickrage a about 4 years ago using your old blog. I have sickrage and all my other media plugins installed in the same jail and integrated ever since. I'm on the most current stable build. when I run the fetch line i get an authentication error. Any thoughts how I could get FreeNAS to actually fetch the master SickChill file? Thanks ahead of time.
assuming your freenas is more up to date, you can fetch the file there, then move it into the jail. or you can use wget to download the file, or you could download it on a seperate computer and move it into the jail

i think you could also just disable authentication in the fetch command options

carleycr

Patron
assuming your freenas is more up to date, you can fetch the file there, then move it into the jail. or you can use wget to download the file, or you could download it on a separate computer and move it into the jail

i think you could also just disable authentication in the fetch command options
yes, 11.1-U6 is my current build. How would I fetch the file outside of the jail and move it into the jail? I was trying to fetch inside the jail. I tried wget inside the jail with no success. How would I move from my local pc that the jail?

I did try to disable the authentication in the fetch command by using the --no-verify-peer on that line.

carleycr

Patron
outside the jail you could run the following

cd /mnt/tank/jails/sabnzbd_1
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz"

Now inside the jail, "cd /" will bring you to the same folder as the master.tar.gz file.
This worked. Thank you so much. One last thing. It appears to be sickchill now, but am still getting the "unknown current version number" message. Is this still a known issue or is this something on my end?

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This worked. Thank you so much. One last thing. It appears to be sickchill now, but am still getting the "unknown current version number" message. Is this still a known issue or is this something on my end?

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.
i would think, if you do an update in sickchill it should record its version number. and from then on know

carleycr

Patron
i would think, if you do an update in sickchill it should record its version number. and from then on know
Clicking the "update now" for the version number worked. Thanks again Joshua.

SlackerDude

Explorer
Coming late to this party, I recently suffered from the same Sickrage update and no plugin start afterward. Being a complete newb to this, would it be possible to get a step-by-step recipe to follow to either fix SickRage, or upgrade to SickChill? My current build is FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1).

Any assistance will be appreciated. :smile:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

SlackerDude

Explorer
Thanks Joshua. Here comes the newb part: Can I follow these steps from within a shell in the jail, or should I use something like putty to access the jail?

mh348

Dabbler
In case someone wanted to switch to SickChill these steps should work
Code:
service sickrage onestop
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
rm master.tar.gz
service sickrage start

You could obviously adjust the URL for Medusa.

Thanks!

This worked for me.

My Original setup was done using your guide on FreeNAS 9.10, I followed the above steps and everything is working again :)

mh348

Dabbler
Thanks Joshua. Here comes the newb part: Can I follow these steps from within a shell in the jail, or should I use something like putty to access the jail?
You can do it from the shell in the jail or if you using putty follow these steps to enter the jail:

ssh into FreeNAS
Use the following command to locate jails:
jls

Then use the command to enter the jail (sabnzbd_1 is the name of my jail):
jexec sabnzbd_1

Then follow Joshua's commands

Snow

Patron
I am having a problem with sickchill not sure if any one else is about 1/2 of my shows show out of order episode's.

Snow

Patron
Also is there any other Updates on the node js fix/problem? I did pkg install node + pkg update && upgrade. With Sickrage I had to add node js to i think it was rc.config to start with sickrage or after a restart sickrage would start but node would not start. Is there away to install libdl.so and have it start in the same jail with sickchill, node, libdl.so and other dependents as a temp fix ?

mh348

Dabbler
My SickChill stopped working now, I'm not sure if it was due to an update or not, but it was working yesterday. Today it was offline so I tried running "service sickrage start", but got the following error:

Code:
 service sickrage start
sickrage does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/etc/ix.rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d)
[root@nas] ~# jexec sabnzbd_1
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # service sickrage start
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 69, in <module>
	import sickbeard
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 46, in <module>
	from sickbeard import (auto_postprocessor, dailysearcher, db, helpers, logger, metadata, naming, post_processing_queue, properFinder, providers, scheduler,
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/dailysearcher.py", line 27, in <module>
	from sickbeard import common, db, logger, network_timezones
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/db.py", line 34, in <module>
	from sickbeard import logger
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/logger.py", line 43
	from requests.compat quote
							 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

I re-installed the previous version of SickChill for now, I'll I figure out what the issue was. Any idea's?

joebad1

Explorer
Code:
sed -i '.bak' -e 's@^git_remote_url = .*$@git_remote_url = https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill.git@g' /var/db/sickrage/config.ini*
rm config.ini.bak*

wget https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/v2018.10.13-2.tar.gz
tar xzf v2018.10.13-2.tar.gz
mv SickChill-2018.10.13-2 /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm v2018.10.13-2.tar.gz
service sickrage restart

Worked like a charm! Thanks for documenting this fix! Much appreciated.

Snow

Patron
Guess there is no info on the Node js problem? The other problem Has gone away I did do a mass update and changed Scene Numbering to yes it seem to have fix the problem with the esp not showing up in the right order or at all.

strudel

Dabbler
The node js issue is now resolved, i did a full update of the jail and of freenas itself...

However, now i get this error :

2018-11-01 15:02:46 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-275274 :: [] :: [97cd7bb] Exception while searching Torrent. Error: TypeError('tuple indices must be integers, not str',)

Any clue how to fix this?

Sparx

Contributor
I re-installed the previous version of SickChill for now,
So i got the same issue. Sickrage/chill is starting to get on my nerves. Is there any simple way of backing to previous version?

mh348

Dabbler
So i got the same issue. Sickrage/chill is starting to get on my nerves. Is there any simple way of backing to previous version?

ssh into FreeNAS
Use the following command to locate jails:
jls

Then use the command to enter the jail (sabnzbd_1 is the name of my jail):
jexec sabnzbd_1

Then follow Joshua's commands below:
Code:
service sickrage onestop
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
rm master.tar.gz
service sickrage start