Sickrage won't start after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Hello all,

I have my sickrage plugin all set up and happy, running fine for months. It auto updates itself and I only know because it sends a notification to my phone via Pushover. I got one of those today. Now sickrage won't start.

I logged into the jail and tried to manually start the service with this result:

[root@freenas] ~# jexec 7 tcsh
root@sickrage_1:/ # service sickrage start
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 50, in <module>
from sickbeard.webserveInit import SRWebServer
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserveInit.p y", line 7, in <module>
from sickbeard.webserve import LoginHandler, LogoutHandler, CalendarHandler
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 52, in <module>
from sickbeard.webapi import ApiHandler
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webapi.py", li ne 37, in <module>
from sickrage.media.ShowFanArt import ShowFanArt
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickrage/media/__init__. py", line 6, in <module>
from ShowPoster import ShowPoster
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickrage/media/ShowPoste r.py", line 23, in <module>
from helper.encoding import ek
ImportError: No module named helper.encoding
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage​

I am great at following guides, but once I am off the reservation like this I have no idea what to do next.

Thanks in advance

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Looks like a bad update which broke stuff. What version of the plugin are you on?

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
9.3.3 . I have been letting sickrage update itself instead of updating the plugin. Should I update the plugin?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
9.3.3 . I have been letting sickrage update itself instead of updating the plugin. Should I update the plugin?
usually it doesn't matter, but recently I switched the plugin over to the new sickrage repo after most of the devs left the old project.

you're probably still on the old repo which isn't supported as well. there's a recent thread in this forum about this change.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Ok, i updated the plugin and all is fixed. Thanks for your help! I love your plugins.. you have made my life better.

Offtopic request.. any chance you could roll PrivateInternetAccess VPN in your plugins? I have it working well, but i have no idea how. If it was rolled in it would be so much simpler. Keep up the great work!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry, not something I plan in working on. but hopefully plugins will be easier to develop for freenas 10 so someone else from the community can work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.