Sickrage plugin will not start after last update

marcevan

Patron
I've been doing sickrage updates since it went to autoupdate. Easy peasy in the sickrage url to click and have it reboot itself.

Now, as of today the plugin just won't go "on". No error is thrown in the FreeNAS gui where it normally says things like plugin error or some such.

Still on 11.1U6 since 11.2 is still beta and no way will I update my one system to a beta.

Anyway, if you've had this issue and conquered it, please reply with your conquer strategy.

Thanks!

rmccullough

Patron
From what I am reading there is some power struggle going on between the original creator (echel0n) and the team that has been maintaining it. I don't know who to trust now as there are allegations that bitcoin miners are being added to the code repository and shady stuff. Starting to wonder if I should look at alternatives.

rmccullough

Patron

marcevan

Patron
Thanks. Wow.

Deleted and redid it and now in the middle of linking the shows it doesn't respond at all. Have to try another plugin.

Dobbie

Dabbler
Same thing happened to me today. I updated, plugin wouldn't start afterward. Deleted and reinstalled plugin. "Unknown current version number" showing up and update link appears to try and do something but nothing really seems to happen. Adding existing shows goes ok but keeps locking up.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
Mine did too. (it wouldn't load at all in freenas) I had to go into /var/db/sickrage and edit the config.ini file and change where it says version 8 to 7 (config_version = 7), now at least the plugin loads again but will always get the update error until they fix it.

Last edited:

tstorm

Explorer
Man oh man am I glad I have snapshots enabled. I was able to quickly restore my mini disaster I just created.

rmccullough

Patron
Mine did too. (it wouldn't load at all in freenas) I had to go into /var/db/sickrage and edit the config.ini file and change where it says version 8 to 7 (config_version = 7), now at least the plugin loads again but will always get the update error until they fix it.

I must have a different version. Are you running FreeNAS 11.2 (BETA3)? I do not have a /var/db/sickrage directory. I did find the config.ini in /usr/local/sickrage/config.ini. I edited the file there to change the config_version to 7, and tried to start sickrage, but it fails with this error:
root@sickrage:/usr/local/sickrage # service sickrage start
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/sickrage/SickBeard.py", line 69, in <module>
import sickbeard
File "/usr/local/sickrage/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 46, in <module>
from sickbeard import (auto_postprocessor, dailysearcher, db, helpers, logger, metadata, naming, post_processing_queue, properFinder, providers, scheduler,
File "/usr/local/sickrage/sickbeard/naming.py", line 27, in <module>
from sickbeard import common, logger, tv
File "/usr/local/sickrage/sickbeard/tv.py", line 36, in <module>
from sickbeard import db, helpers, image_cache, logger, network_timezones, notifiers, postProcessor, subtitles
File "/usr/local/sickrage/sickbeard/subtitles.py", line 50, in <module>
provider_manager.register('itasa = sickrage.providers.subtitle.itasa:ItaSAProvider')
File "/usr/local/sickrage/lib/subliminal/extensions.py", line 64, in register
ext = self._load_one_plugin(ep, False, (), {}, False)
File "/usr/local/sickrage/lib/stevedore/extension.py", line 225, in _load_one_plugin
plugin = ep.load(require=verify_requirements)
File "/usr/local/sickrage/lib/pkg_resources.py", line 1958, in load
entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), ['__name__'])
File "/usr/local/sickrage/sickrage/providers/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
from feedparser import FeedParserDict
ImportError: cannot import name FeedParserDict
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

rmccullough

Patron
Man oh man am I glad I have snapshots enabled. I was able to quickly restore my mini disaster I just created.

How can I tell if I have snapshots enabled? Where can I go to restore a snapshot?

diskdiddler

Wizard
I do NOT have snapshots enabled after all, any idea how I can repair this?
This Echelon guy sounds like trouble.

diskdiddler

Wizard

garm

Wizard
A dataset is a filesystem, not a folder. And it’s a sound default behavior that anything you do to a dataset with children is contained in that dataset unless explicitly told otherwise..

In the case of iocage, use iocage snapshot instead of manually taking snapshots. It’s neatly packaged so why not use it?

denist

Contributor
Hi Guys,

Yeah same issue when you auto update to the latest version 8 then the plugin fails to start. The way i got it working is to delete the plugin (I have multiple plugins in one jail). Reinstalled the Sickrage plugin and got the dreaded wrong version error. Just use winscp and navigate to /var/db/sickrage. You will see there is a version 7 config.ini file just delete the config.ini file as this is ver 8 and rename the V7 to config.ini. Make sure chmod the folder just in case and then the plugin will restart. Hopefully the V8 version gets a plugin and we can update.

Hope this helps others.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
I am on 11.2 , I tried the beta but went back to the non beta

This is in a single jail as All my plugins are in a single jail

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

rmccullough

Patron
I think some of the information in this thread is for version 9.10 or 11.1 because it doesn’t work for me and I don’t have the same folders.

rmccullough

Patron
To be honest, I think I am going to move over to Sonarr. It looks like it might be a better solution anyways, and does not appear to have this drama.

Dwight Turner

Explorer
yes sorry i'm on 11.1-U6

Michal Sad

Cadet
If you don't want to reconfigure all your settings in SickRage and re-import all the shows you had before but got stuck with the newest invalid master this is what worked for me:

1) Change github repository in /var/db/sickrage/config.ini as stated before
2) Follow the steps in https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...or-quits-right-after-start.51178/#post-354734 but fetch/wget/manual download the latest tar.gz from SickChill repository (https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/releases) instead of the broken SickRage.

It should work to start the sickrage service after this :)