Should I be concerned?

Macgd016

Dabbler
I've been using FreeNAS-11.3-U5 for a year or more, it was just a project really which I use to backup my desktop PC monthly. The server powers up every day for an hour just to keep it alive and then all day on the 1st of each month. This has been working fine but recently I have seen a * smartd is not running alert from time to time which is sometimes this is just after I have received the Shut Down message, also I sometimes I see a "The following alert has been cleared: * smartd is not running." message. Should I be concerned about this and is there anything I can or should do about it?

You know you are running version that is depreciated, unsupported, with potentially unpatched vulnerabilities?

From your signature, it appears you are booting from a USB flash drive, which is not recommended.

Recommend the following

1. Backup your config and make sure you have a backup of your data. (RAID is not a backup, RAID is resiliency)
2. Use a proper SSD for the boot device. A SSD in a USB enclosure is not desired, but will work if you have no other options.
3. Upgrade to TrueNAS

Last edited: