Sharing access with apps and user

d1gz0r

Dabbler
Hi guys!

I have recently installed Jellyfin, qBittorent and a HandBreak apps.

I use them to download, encode and playback media. They all share one dataset. I also have an SMB share to manage files from my Windows PC on this dataset.

I have noticed some strange behavior with files and folders of this dataset:
When I create new folders and move media files into them apps stop detecting those files. Folders are visible to those apps, however they cannot open them. For example, if I create a folder and put a media file there, Jellyfin app stop detecting this media file.
What even more strange - If I manually upload a media file from my PC to any folder that is accessible by the app it will be able to read it. So I assume it only affects folders. The files that i transfer from my PC to this dataset are readable by Jellyfin and HandBreak, but they cannot access them (playback or encode).

Both "apps" and the user that I use for access all have full control over this dataset in ACL. Owner is the "apps" user, my user is also in the "apps" group (I thought adding him there would help).

I would greatly appreciate if someone explains me how it works. And is there a any way to make files and folders created by me accessible by apps? I don't mind creating a new dataset for this purpose.

Bonus question: If I cannot create folders under my user from windows via SMB, can I manage folders and file names from terminal of one of the apps?

wlknsn

Dabbler
Exact same problem here. Basically, whatever you do using smb, it doesn't work in the officials apps.