setting up FreeNAS & Owncloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juergen

Dabbler
Hi,

I try to set up FreeNAS together with owncloud.
  • FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 is up and running.
  • ownCloud 5.0.11 installed from plugins is also up and running.
Both are accessible remote, everything works fine.

Now I want to access my FreeNAS-Storage via OwnCloud. I have one big volume (/mnt/volume01), which contains all my directories and files. These files and directories should be accessible remote via owncloud/webdav.

What do i have to do? Warning: I'm a noob in FreeNAS *AND* OwnCloud :rolleyes:

thx in advance,
J.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You have to pass through your volume to owncloud's jail(aka plugin) and then share it from there.

I'm not sure how owncloud works with the whole local/remote thing. If its like dropbox it'll try to replicate your entire pool locally. And I'm pretty sure you don't have that kind of space on your remote workstations.

Juergen

Dabbler
Hi,

You have to pass through your volume to owncloud's jail(aka plugin) and then share it from there.

well, this is my problem. How do i "pass through" a volume to a jail and ho2w do I "share" something from there? Can you describe those steps in more detail?

I'm not sure how owncloud works with the whole local/remote thing. If its like dropbox it'll try to replicate your entire pool locally. And I'm pretty sure you don't have that kind of space on your remote workstations.

No, as I understand oc it won't replicate anything locally. But let give it a try.

Cheers,
D.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
well, this is my problem. How do i "pass through" a volume to a jail and ho2w do I "share" something from there? Can you describe those steps in more detail?

The manual explains how to setup your jails/plugins with the appropriate passthrough. I can't think of the right term off the top of my head.

Juergen

Dabbler
Hi,

with the installation of the owncloud-plugin I've created a jail of the type "plugin" as described here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Jails

After that I've added storage to the jail as described here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Adding_Jails#Adding_Storage

Now my FreeNAS/Jails looks like that:

jail01.jpg

But i still don't see any of my files in oc. What's missing?

Cheers
J.

N00b

Explorer
To start with check for file permissions. I think the OC plugin runs under user www or www-data. The files should be readable by that user / group. I am not sure but if the rescan collection on the music tab is still there rescan the music so we know its a rescan issue. That is what I can think of.

Juergen

Dabbler
Hi,

owner of /mnt/volume01/jails/owncloud_1 is root, group wheel. The mode is 755, so "other" can read and execute - but I still didn't see any of my files in oc. Changing owner/group to www doesn't help.

frustrated,
J.

N00b

Explorer
You need jexec into the jail (jexec jailid tcsh) and then go to the owncloud/data/user/files directory. If have installed the plugin the files should be in "/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/ " directory once you are in jail. Files in that directory are the ones that will be visible and not the ones in the "chroot" /mnt/volume01/jails/owncloud_1.

Juergen

Dabbler
Hi,

no, I don't. I stopped using owncloud wiht freenas, for the remote-access I now use sftp.

gtx,
J.

erodz1892

Dabbler
Its being a while now does anyone found the answer to this? I run my jails and SYS on a 64GB ssd don't want to fill that up

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, honestly this forum is probably not the best place for Owncloud support.

Status
Not open for further replies.