Services / S.M.A.R.T. - Email not working

begleysm

Cadet
Hello all,

I am having trouble getting the S.M.A.R.T. Services to email me when a HDD is over the Critical temperature limit.

Firstly I am able to successfully send/receive a test email from System / Email
system_email.png

and I am able to successfully send/receive a test email from System / Alert Services / Email
system_alert-services_email.png

My drives are running about 32 degrees Celsius
hdd_temps.png

However even when I setup the SMART Service to a Critical Temp of 10 degrees C, and a check interval of 1 minute, I get no emails from FreeNAS alerting me of the over-temp situation.
services_smart.png

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
begleysm

begleysm

Cadet
Thank you for the response. Sorry about the long delay. I thought I had the forum setup to email me when I got a reply (but I was wrong).

My FreeNAS version is FreeNAS-11.2-U5

Also, I rebooted my machine this morning and when I logged back in I had some new alerts related to the HDD temps (but still no email). Just in case the reboot helped the situation I dismissed the alters, went back into the SMART Service, set the critical temp to 40, waited a couple minutes and set it back to 10. Still no email (and also no new alters).

alerts.png

begleysm

Cadet
I also just noticed that the console appears to be display the results of the alters every minute (consistent with my interval time of 1 minute). Still no emails though.

console.png

begleysm

Cadet
More odd behavior (probably a bug): I had the interval on the SMART service set to 1 minute for testing. I then changed it to 30 mins but continue to get console alerts every 1 min. Furthermore I then changed the critical temp from 10C to 40C and that doesn't appear to have taken either. I suspect a restart will apply the new settings.

D

dlavigne

This may be worth reporting at bugs.ixsystems.com. If you do, post the issue number here.