No emails for critical alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek Humes

Dabbler
Hi, I have been searching the forums for an answer on this one, but am coming up empty-handed. I am running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4 (27ae72978). This is virtualized on VMWare ESX 6 on Dell PowerEdge R710 hardware. I have configured all of my email settings appropriately, and when I send a test email, I receive it with no issues. I am connecting to Office365 SMTP server, smtp.office365.com, and using an authenticated account. I have the root email account set as my business account, and that is where I am successfully receiving test email messages.

I have noticed that I am receiving no emails for critical alerts. I was unaware that my replication had failed for several days until I happened to login and see the Critical alert flashing in the upper right. Based on my readings, it appears that I should be receiving an email when a Critical alert happens.

I do receive emails for scrubs starting, and a weekly output email, but no alarm notifications.

Can someone assist and point me in the direction of anything I may be overlooking? Checking in my spam/junk and am not seeing anything there.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What error is happening? Check the logs in /var/log/messages

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Derek Humes

Dabbler
Hm, I am seeing this entry from 12:59AM last night:

Jul 26 00:59:26 KCANPFNAS001 autorepl.py: [common.system:294] Failed to send email: (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [DM5PR2201CA0043.namprd22.prod.outlook.com]')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/system.py", line 275, in send_mail

server = _get_smtp_server(timeout, local_hostname=local_hostname)

File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/common/system.py", line 208, in _get_smtp_server

em.em_pass.encode('utf-8'))

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 622, in login

raise SMTPAuthenticationError(code, resp)

SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [DM5PR2201CA0043.namprd22.prod.outlook.com]')

Now, when I go to System-Email, the password/password confirmation fields show as blank. When I am trying the "Send Test Mail" button, it does ask me to input the password. Is it possible that somehow the password isn't saving correctly and then when it tries to send the email there is no password to try?

D

dlavigne

Sounds like a bug. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org that describes the situation and includes that traceback and post the issue number here.

Derek Humes

Dabbler
I ended up removing and re-adding all my email server settings last week and over the weekend I did get an email for a critical alert when my replication failed, so email appears sorted. Now onto that replication...

Thanks everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.