SentinelOne and TrueNAS Scale?

gegtor

Explorer
Hello I recently switched to Scale from Core and I'm wondering if trying to install Sentinel One EDR is a good idea

I know interfering with the core OS isn't supported but maybe someone here knows a way to add an extra layer of security to a NAS? (I don't think it's necessary but it's nice to have sort of thing)

SentinelOne is a very advanced endpoint protection suite and it would be nice if it could scan files on the NAS and keep an eye on the OS

SentinelOne has such integrations for Netapp and VMware solutions so maybe it could fit as a feature for future releases since many more people use TrueNAS than Netapp solutions

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello I recently switched to Scale from Core and I'm wondering if trying to install Sentinel One EDR is a good idea

I know interfering with the core OS isn't supported but maybe someone here knows a way to add an extra layer of security to a NAS? (I don't think it's necessary but it's nice to have sort of thing)

SentinelOne is a very advanced endpoint protection suite and it would be nice if it could scan files on the NAS and keep an eye on the OS

SentinelOne has such integrations for Netapp and VMware solutions so maybe it could fit as a feature for future releases since many more people use TrueNAS than Netapp solutions

Its endpoint security. Nothing on their site seems to indicate they have any storage focus. Better to run on your clients.