Search results broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick2253

Wizard

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's weird, the latter type of link is typical of tapatalk. It's probably something we want fixed by redirecting /posts/... to index.php?posts... anyway.

Jatrabari

Contributor
I can report the same problem with forum searches. I get the same error when I use the search in the top right corner directly.

Edit: Noticed also when I click on the link that has only /posts/ in the URL and then come back to the results, then the address has changed to the correct resolving address /index.php?posts/

Last edited:

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Thanks for pinging me. If you see issues with any functionality make sure to ping me right away or if forum service is completely down, email me at joshms@ixsystems.com and I'll get it resolved quickly. I'll check this out and get back to you shortly.

Nick2253

Wizard
Still not working for me. I'm seeing the exact same behavior as my original post. If it matters, I'm on Windows 7 x64, and I've tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Ohhhh I see the problem now. We use a custom search plugin and it looks like the "search page" is trying to use native Xenforo search. I can fix this, but it may be early next week before I can get to it.

Redcoat

MVP
This still isn't working for me; as soon as I e.g. re-sort the search results by date, the links are broken.
I'm on a non-mobile device and I tried different browsers (Chrome, IE)

Redcoat

MVP
Yes, I'll paste in "index.php?threads/" to the link when it does not have it.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
For now, just use the search box on the right that runs through Threadloom. Rather than pouring resources into fixing this, we're looking at making the transition to Xenforo 2 which claims to have fixed search issues. Sorry for the trouble!

Nick2253

Wizard
Could we possibly get a warning in the search page to this effect?

Redcoat

MVP
For now, just use the search box on the right that runs through Threadloom.
That's the one I always use, after which I not infrequently get invalid links on clicking on the search results. The links can be fixed by pasting in "index.php?threads/" appropriately.

Jatrabari

Contributor
@JoshDW19 Search results are again broken. They come out very strange and incoherent...

EDIT ... in Firefox Quantum. On Safari they look just fine.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Thanks for pinging me @Jatrabari . Well that's just not good...I'll look into it but there may not be a lot I can do at the moment. We are planning a migration very soon to Xenforo 2.0 that should be able to use the new and improved Xenforo native search.

Jatrabari

Contributor
@JoshDW19 Is the update coming soon as now the results are fine again (thank you) but when I try to sort the results or narrow more to any of the parameters I get the directed to the front page.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey @Jatrabari,

We're planning on making an update happen sometime this week. I don't have an exact time but it should be very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.