Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Script: Hybrid CPU & HD Fan Zone Controller

Western Digital Drives - The Preferred Drives of FreeNAS and TrueNAS CORE

n00bftw007

Well at least we know that the module is there.

I don't think you need to worry about that setting.
What do you see in FreeNAS under /dev in terms of ipmi?
I'm an idiot, I should have told you this from the get-go, I am hosting FreeNAS in ESXi, so I'm guessing IPMI is not being passed through to the VM, anyway I can achieve this. Thanks in advance.

/dev, where is that located?

Failing that, I will just set it directly via ipmitool. The fans i have are below:

1596047317865.png

All i want is for them to run at 1300RPM minimum and be able to go up automatically from there. They are plugged into FANA on the mobo.

1596047395836.png

Last edited:

sretalla

Dedicated Sage
OK; so that explains what was a little confusing...

You may be able to get it going using the -H switch (for Host) to specify the IP address of the IPMI from the FreeNAS shell.

Depending on how you're set, you may need to use -U and -P to supply the user and password for the IPMI also in the command... so something like this: ipmitool -H 10.0.0.2 -U admin -P password raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x01 100

To answer your other question:
/dev is a filesystem location which contains handles and files related to devices in a Unix or Linux operating system.
What I was asking is when you do ls /dev do you see anything there with ipmi or something like that, but now we know why that won't happen.

Last edited: