Schedule issue - bug or I'm dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337Hacker

Dabbler
I used some of the great scripts from this post: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/scripts-to-report-smart-zpool-and-ups-status-hdd-cpu-t°-hdd-identification-and-backup-the-config.27365/

I planned them around tests and thought I had a handle on the schedule function. Let's say I wanted this task to run on Tuesday after the first and third Sunday of each month (I can explain why but I don't believe that it is relevant). Well all my Cron Jobs ran this morning (the fourth Wednesday of this month). An example of one task's settings is attached. Only one script was supposed to fire today [Every Wednesday and Friday]. I was assuming by selecting Tuesday, the job would only run on a Tuesday during the selected days.

My biggest concern is my n00b understanding of these schedules may cause issues with scrubs and tests running simultaneously — which is bad. I really would like to keep the scripts, scrubs, and smart tests running on particular days (not dates) due to load. Any advice?

EDIT: And my system date/clock is correct!
v. 11.0-U4

Attachments

• Backup.jpg
    Backup.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 197

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
All the criteria were met for today. It is a 22nd and it is a Tuesday.
Think of these options as if statements so if it is the first of the month and if it is 7 AM and if it is whatever else you want to select, then it'll do whatever task you have picked. If you have too many options like all those various days you've picked out, then it's going to more often be true.
To get the kind of granularity it seems like you want you will probably need to have multiple time configurations for the same task.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

joeschmuck

Old Man
There is a bug in FreeNAS and I'm not sure if it's been fixed with respect to configuration of these screens, as you can see they are misleading.

Crontab always gives me a difficult time so you should read up on how crontab works, it's not terrible but there is a lot to read.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
This post might help, then read down the thread a bit. There are others you can find, use the forum search feature.
I finally gave up and used dates instead of days, it works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.