:sadface: 12-release should not have been release

jenksdrummer

Patron
Personally speaking, I felt that the last RC was the better version / more stable/polished. What happened?

12-release has problem with reports, stability issues, performance issues, compatibility problems...don't get me wrong, I want to use 12 because it performs really well for me, but that's not consistent among people posting here. Expectation is that going from RCx to Release meant the RC was successful in it's build and got elevated; not that a bunch of changes were implemented that broke a lot of things.

I've since gone back to 11.3U5 after having tested public beta/nightlies since 12 came about and being relatively pleased with the performance (surviving though oddball stabilities then too), though, I'll have to wait until U1 or perhaps U2 before moving up again.

Again, opinion here, this release is FUBAR; and a bit of a waste of time as I had moved production systems up with it going gold...nothing 'business critical' but still.

hervon

Patron
No issue for me. Using SMB, UPS, Cloud sync, jails (minidlna, plex, qbittorrent, urbackup), etc. YMMV. ;-)

joeschmuck

Old Man
I've since gone back to 11.3U5
I use to be an early adopter many moons ago. It required a lot of work testing to make sure all was good. Now days I'm find testing on a VM but my main system will only get upgraded once a U1 version comes out, unless I really want something specific out of a Release version.

Expectation is that going from RCx to Release meant the RC was successful in it's build and got elevated; not that a bunch of changes were implemented that broke a lot of things.
That use to be true, the RC would just have a simple name change during compiling and that was it. Times have changed and sometime even though best intentions are in mind, it doesn't always work out that way.

As usual it would be good if people could post bug reports when they find something, but if someone feels like rolling back to a previous version, well that is the smart thing to do if you find problems and don't trust the application.