Rsync from Freenas to Unraid

SGT_GUO

Dabbler
Hello everyone,
I just recently setup a new Freenas server, and I have already transferred all files from my old Unraid server to Freenas.
Now I want to use the old Unraid server as a back-up to my main Freenas server using Rsync.
I understand that it is really easy to setup between two Freenas servers, but could it be done with different servers?
Thank you.

SGT_GUO

Dabbler
Did you try this? If so, did it work out?
Hi,
Still no one replied, still have no idea on how to do this.
I have just posted in other forums and Facebook group, I will get back to you if I get an answer.

mroptman

Dabbler
I am in the process of testing this now.

From FreeNAS, you can setup rsync jobs on a schedule here. Then I mirrored a location to a generic linux box; worked as expected. Setting up a small unraid machine to do this testing. I will update this with my findings.

DJCounter

Dabbler
Noob question, but how did you copy the files on the UnRAID server to the FreeNAS server? I have a 28TB UnRAID server, and a 92TB FreeNAS server. I want to copy the files across to the FreeNAS box, as I am happier with the security on that OS. So Rsync is the software of choice in this scenario? Also, I gather that the latest versions of both UnRAID and FreeNAS support the Mellanox ConnectX2's that I have allowing for a 10Gb p2p network to be set up?