rsync <f+++++++++ when file was already there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxburn

Explorer
I have a volume on my FreeNAS that I am rsync over SSH & VPN to a remote Synology. The Synology has a copy of the data already (minus a few new items on the FreeNAS). After much trouble getting SSH keys straight I am finally seeing rsync running. Unfortunately it is taking way too long so I looked at the log and I'm seeing this:

Code:
2018/11/24 16:53:33 [3065] <f+++++++++ folder/subfolder/file.whatever

<f+++++++++ : meaning this is a new item. Thing is this isn't a new item, that file was already there! I verified that I'm not getting duplicate data in a different directory or something and I'm not, it's just overwriting everything. At this rate it's going to take a month or more to rsync this system over this VPN.

Why is rsync not looking at the data, seeing it's the same and moving on? That's what I need, that's what I thought rsync did.

My rsync task has these options turned on;
  • Validate Remote Path
  • Direction push
  • Recursive
  • Times
  • Compress
  • Archive
  • Delete
  • Delay Updates
  • Extra; --verbose --log-file=/mnt/Main/sync1.log

Maxburn

Explorer
Trying again with local files. I started by just plain cp -r on a directory from my main pool to the backup pool.

Set up an rsync task only this time the only options I have on are recursive and delete (all I need are the files, that's it). I am still getting log output
Code:
<f..T......

The times might be different but I don't care and I didn't set the time or archive options in the GUI.

Does the GUI time option not being checked work? Where can I see what the GUI is running in CLI?

Last edited:

Maxburn

Explorer
Tried again with the remote rsync over SSH to the synology with only the recursive, compress, delete, and delay updates options. Seems to be working. Not sure why similar options didn't work locally. Tried rsync over SSH locally and it didn't want to do it but maybe I'll look closer at why that is but I know SSH is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.