Rocket Lake GPU support

patmage

Dabbler
Is there a timeframe on moving to a more recent kernel to support current gen Intel graphics? I believe 5.11.0-18 onward should have support without needing to add a boot option.

For now creating the file /etc/modprobe.d/i915.conf with contents of "options i915 force_probe=4c90" and rebooting works. Though I assume that will get cleared in an upgrade. The 4c90 is specifically the Intel UHD P750. I believe the normal UHD 750 is 4c84, but I don't have one to test with.

I can say that HW transcoding 4k to 1080 HD seems to be working great inside my plex app. Transcoding to lower than that has graphical issues for HDR content. But I believe that is a plex tonemapping issue and nothing hardware related. For anyone that tries, it seems like you can't set the GPU resource during the initial creation of the app, but you can edit and add the i915 GPU after it is created.

Ixian

Patron
Just keep checking the devnotes. SCALE hasn't even reached Beta 2/RC status yet so plenty of potential changes to come.

stavros-k

Patron
Is there a timeframe on moving to a more recent kernel to support current gen Intel graphics? I believe 5.11.0-18 onward should have support without needing to add a boot option.

For now creating the file /etc/modprobe.d/i915.conf with contents of "options i915 force_probe=4c90" and rebooting works. Though I assume that will get cleared in an upgrade. The 4c90 is specifically the Intel UHD P750. I believe the normal UHD 750 is 4c84, but I don't have one to test with.

I can say that HW transcoding 4k to 1080 HD seems to be working great inside my plex app. Transcoding to lower than that has graphical issues for HDR content. But I believe that is a plex tonemapping issue and nothing hardware related. For anyone that tries, it seems like you can't set the GPU resource during the initial creation of the app, but you can edit and add the i915 GPU after it is created.
I'd suggest opening a jira ticket as suggestion, iX probably would add it on the next release!

kaminosama

Cadet
5.15 is already in the nightly images, and will be the basis for Bluefin launch towards the end of the year :)

Feel free to give it a shot: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/devnotes/
Thanks for your quick response!
I have just updated to nightly version. But the latest version of kernel I can find in the apt source list is 5.10.103. Would you tell me how to update truenas image into 5.15. Thank you! :)

QQ截图20220312011642.png
QQ截图20220312012115.png

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Ahh, I jumped the gun. It hasn't merged yet, but will be in near future. Give it another week and check back :)

HunorR

Dabbler
is there a fix on this problem? i have a i5-11600 and there is no GPU listed under "Resource Reservation"

HunorR

Dabbler
is there a fix on this problem? i have a i5-11600 and there is no GPU listed under "Resource Reservation"
i have added the folowing fil to /etc/modprobe.d but after the restart nothing is listed under Resource Reservation
1656664040513.png