SOLVED reset FTP settings FreeNAS 11.3-U5

RegularJoe

Patron
Hi All,

Somehow I have tried too many settings and mucked up the FTP service.

So I have to ask what the SQL command is to revert the FTP service back to defaults?

Thanks,
Joe

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
No SQL needed. Here's the middleware API call to reset things back to defaults:
Code:
midclt call ftp.update '{"id": 1,"port": 21,"clients": 5,"ipconnections": 2,"loginattempt": 1,"timeout": 600,"rootlogin": false,
"onlyanonymous": false,"anonpath": null,"onlylocal": false}'

midclt call ftp.update '{"banner": "","filemask": "077","dirmask": "022",
"fxp": false,"resume": false,"defaultroot": true,"ident": false,"reversedns": false,"masqaddress": "",
"passiveportsmin": 0,"passiveportsmax": 0,"localuserbw": 0,"localuserdlbw": 0,"anonuserbw": 0,
"anonuserdlbw": 0}'

midclt call ftp.update '{"tls": false,"tls_policy": "on","tls_opt_allow_client_renegotiations": false,
"tls_opt_allow_dot_login": false,"tls_opt_allow_per_user": false,"tls_opt_common_name_required": false,
"tls_opt_enable_diags": false,"tls_opt_export_cert_data": false,"tls_opt_no_cert_request": false,
"tls_opt_no_empty_fragments": false,"tls_opt_no_session_reuse_required": false,"tls_opt_stdenvvars": false,
"tls_opt_dns_name_required": false,"tls_opt_ip_address_required": false,"options": "","ssltls_certificate": null}'

Note, this is split over 3 calls due to command string limits.

RegularJoe

Patron
Thanks Samuel,

Windows 10 is a POS, the one error I had was related to MS protecting me from using the command line tool ftp.exe, I had to do firewall rules for that app for inbound and outbound, or make this registry hack. FileZilla worked fine for some reason. I do need to use windows FTP from time to time so it might have to be a GPO to fix this on all cients. I guess I should have tested on my Mac before posting.

on 11.3-U5 I coul had to -remove this from the first command : "id": 1,

My original errror was "425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed out " and I assumed it was the FTP server was not right. My bad.

Thanks,
Joe