Can not FTP to one of the 3 pools

ajschot

Patron
Hello everyone...

I setup an ftp long time ago and upgraded etc.
The only one using my ftp was myself..... now i am in need of a ftp for my collegues to connect too (because of COVID-19). So i setup an account in Freenas 11.3 and usergroup. And made a dataset for this user to use as a Home Directory and gave Full control in ACL's to this user.
Nothing special...
I checked my FTP settings...
Checked:
'Allow local user login'
'Allow transfer Resumption'

The rest unchecked

Now i checked and.... no i can not login on my FTP with this account.

Then i put wheel as an auxillary group... and yes it worked.... but as it is now a wheel user too it can get to everything, even the root of FreeNAS, this is not what i want i only want to have them acces to their Home Directory.
Ok next.... removed wheel, and tried again... no acces.... wraaaarrrrrhhhh this is killing me!

Please help me!

ajschot

Patron
even tried setting up for anonymous but even that does not work getting

Code:
Opdracht:     PASS ***********
Antwoord:     530-Unable to set anonymous privileges.
Antwoord:     530 Login incorrect.

ajschot

Patron
However 'Always Chroot' is unchecked it looks like this is always selected (in the background or whatever)

is there a way to change these settings in shell?

Still i know everybody hates this but: on FreeNAS 10 this FTP service just worked... i can not say that from 11

Thing i will try XigmaNAS to look if this works better installing takes too much time ;)

Last edited:

ajschot

Patron
Found a part of the problem!
It has to do with ACL's if i set my jails ssd as a harddrive (still has old permissions and not ACL) it works fine!
How do i change this? I made a Dataset for this user and give this user 'full control' but still i can not acces this... seems like the pool is not accesseble for this user how can this be?
Were can i change this because when i klik for the opions of my Data pool i can not change ACL's anybody has an idea?

EDIT:
Found the command to remove ACL's i did this.
Code:
find /mnt/Data | setfacl -b

However i still can not use FTP is the Home Directory is set to pool Data
Weird, my backup pool and my Jail-VM pool is no problem. I really don't understand this.... please help me?
Why is this so hard?? Only one unser acces via FTP one dataset? Why is this so stupidly difficult?
It is really not like is written in the FreeNAS guide!

Isn't this weird? I can delete all FreeNAS root files but i can not acces my Data pool! I can not understand that this is possible even that the user is a member of a group taht can do nothing.... I want only a home directory on /mnt/DATA/Pro4 but i can acces and delete everything only i can not acces anything on /mnt/Data
Schermafbeelding 2020-03-17 om 11.58.17.png
Schermafbeelding 2020-03-17 om 12.01.47.png
Schermafbeelding 2020-03-17 om 12.02.14.png

Last edited:

ajschot

Patron
please somebody smart can tell me what i did wrong?

Last edited: