Replication v11 to v11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty8

Cadet
I am trying to replicate a dataset from an older system running v11 to a newer system on v11. The replication ran for ~24hrs and reached 100%, however it is showing failed even though the target dataset is identical in size. It seems as though all data was copied so I'm not sure why the status is failed. My question is, what is the proper/recommended way to keep the data on the target system and make it accessible without losing it? During my initial tests whenever I had a partial replication, deleting the snapshots also deleted all data in the target dataset. I don't want this to happen since it took so long to complete.

Thanks!

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Did you do the semi-automatic replication set up for FreeNAS-to-FreeNAS, or did you do a manual setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

I am trying to replicate a dataset from an older system running v11 to a newer system on v11. The replication ran for ~24hrs and reached 100%, however it is showing failed even though the target dataset is identical in size. It seems as though all data was copied so I'm not sure why the status is failed. My question is, what is the proper/recommended way to keep the data on the target system and make it accessible without losing it? During my initial tests whenever I had a partial replication, deleting the snapshots also deleted all data in the target dataset. I don't want this to happen since it took so long to complete.

Thanks!

It might be related to this bug: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/27930. If so, that will be fixed in the next update (due out on the 20th).

Status
Not open for further replies.