Recommendation on a Mini-ITX board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a ASUS board that has a onboard network card which does not work. I do not have the expansion slot to add a PCIe network card so I will need to buy a different board and return the current board I have. Can anyone recommend a Mini-ITX board that will run the i3 1150 socket that supports FreeNAS? I'd like to keep the price around the 100 dollar price point of what I purchased but I understand that may not be possible. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your advice and time!

Tywin

Contributor
The ASRock E3C224D2I and E3C226D2I are about the only socket H3 (LGA1150) mITX boards with ECC support. I've seen a few people around the forums using one or the other.

p.s.: they also come with two Intel i210 network controllers (fully supported by FreeNAS) as well as a dedicated IPMI port.

The ASRock E3C224D2I and E3C226D2I are about the only socket H3 (LGA1150) mITX boards with ECC support. I've seen a few people around the forums using one or the other.

p.s.: they also come with two Intel i210 network controllers (fully supported by FreeNAS) as well as a dedicated IPMI port.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. I will certainly look into both of these.

mjws00

Guru
There is non-ecc ram on the memory QVL. But ECC is kinda the point ;) Along with the better NIC.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Whoops, wrong thread.

There is non-ecc ram on the memory QVL. But ECC is kinda the point ;) Along with the better NIC.

Yeah I get that and I would eventually buy ECC ram, was merely trying to use the RAM I already have until I upgrade the RAM to ECC later on.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah I get that and I would eventually buy ECC ram, was merely trying to use the RAM I already have until I upgrade the RAM to ECC later on.

This has been known to cause problems for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.