Votes: 0 0.0%
  • school

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John M. Długosz

Contributor
I'm writing up my experiences as a series of blog pages. This one covers why I decided I had to have a FreeNAS machine. Subsequent ones are planned to cover the build, usage experience, and a sort-of product review.

So please take a look at I need a (home made) NAS! I would feel nice and warm inside if people read it :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Honestly, there's virtually no useful information on that page for anyone wanted to read about it. Your cost comparisons are easily (and done regularly here). Add in the stuff you "plan" to do and then it might be a good read for users. But as it stands now, not too valuable for the commoner here.

Some people might think you were trying to see how many hits you can get on your page for ad revenue or something.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have an amazing ad blocker, so even if you had ads I wouldn't have seen them. My comment was just an observation that many people will take as soon as they see a link to someone's blog. Generally, if you have a story to tell then there's the "How-To" section of the forum where you explain how to build your system. ;)

joeschmuck

Old Man
One thing you can expect from Cyberjock is his honest opinion. Sometimes it makes you feel all warm inside, sometimes it grates on you like fingernails on a chalk board, and other times you wish he'd keep his opinions to himself, especially if it makes you look like a fool.

I for one enjoy most of his comments, even if I don't agree with all of them. He doesn't agree with all of mine either but we do respect each others opinions.

If you do post in the How-To section, do the article on your computer first and make it look and read well. Put some thought into it as it will show you care and not some rambling idiot. Remember, the How-To section is not asking questions, it for a guide someone creates so others can see how to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.