• Currently using VMware at work? We want to hear from you.

Thinking of making a switch from VMware? We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback about which hypervisor you have been researching or already using. Click here to vote and share your thoughts! You can vote HERE!

Rebuild the config

dwf2008

Dabbler
So my boot drive failed. I installed a new one and did a clean install of Truenas scale. I then imported my mirrored pool which seemed to work just fine. The share type is smb. I recreated my local user. However I am not able to access my data. The pool name is Mainpool. The dataset name is dwf_samba. It seems I cannot add the share to the service, or it may be a network address problem. What more do you need to know in order to help me?
Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Don't you have a config backup? That would have been the far easier way to get back up and running.

dwf2008

Dabbler
Don't you have a config backup? That would have been the far easier way to get back up and running.
I do not. Didn’t know that was possible until after it failed. Still pretty new to NAS.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Once you have reconfigured your system, create a backup of your configuration. You could use a script like Multi-Report or FreeNAS-Report to have a copy of your configuration file sent to you regularly in email. If you don't change your configuration often like me, you could just create a copy and save if somewhere safe. I prefer the email as then I have multiple copies available in case of file corruption.

Since you are new to TrueNAS, do you have an UPS? Preferably with a Data Cable. Just asking. If you have valuable data, you should.