Reboots after upgrade to 12 RC1

dweimer

Dabbler
I upgraded a system that was originally built on 12 Beta 2. It ran stable for about a week. Then I upgraded this morning to RC1. I am now see reboots/crashes my first look through the log made it appear that something issued a shutdown. I thought maybe there was a reason. Checking back through again as it did it again 10 minutes later. Is anyone else seeing this?

dweimer

Dabbler
I haven't found anything in the logs indicating a crash or error, but the odd thing is that the Debian Linux VM I have installed gets a clean shutdown and the middleware logs show that a shutdown was issued to the VMs prior to the reboot. The VM is running truecommand software, however my docker container isn't launching on boot. I think this might be related to me logging into it and launching truecommand docker image. I am going to hold off starting it for a bit and see if it remains stable. But it appears that truecommand is sending a reboot to the Truenas system for some reason. Probably not the best idea to run truecommand on a VM within the olnly system it is monitoring but I figured why use resources somewhere else for a test development system.

hescominsoon

Patron
I have found that TC puts in inordinate load on a Free/TrueNAS machine for some reason. i improved the performance of my primary system's webui(both on freeNAS and the tureNAS betas) by more than 25% NOT running TC on the NAS itself.

dweimer

Dabbler
I don't believe it was resource related, it was me not knowing docker very well. I had been trying to start it wrong and installed multiple containers pointed at same directory and corrupted the database. I cleaned it all up and created a new docker container and added the system back in and now its no longer triggering a reboot of the TrueNAS system.

hescominsoon

Patron
That'll do it..:)