Downgrade to AngelFish not working

HRS

Dabbler
I've upgraded to 22.10 rc1 and ran into some errors (some apps would not mount a dataset, complaining on a conflict with the SMB service)
I decided not to try and fix the issue but wait for the stable release and rebooted to my previous version (latest AngelFish version)

However, when the system rebooted, docker and k3s would not start

This was not resolved even after additional reboots

Attachments

• truenas-syslog.txt
    24.2 KB · Views: 76

truecharts

Guru
Downgrade to anglefish is inherently not possible at this moment.

However:
Not being able to mix shares and Apps is a feature designed by iX, not a bug or issue and will also be there in the official release.

HRS

Dabbler
Downgrade to anglefish is inherently not possible at this moment.

However:
Not being able to mix shares and Apps is a feature designed by iX, not a bug or issue and will also be there in the official release.
Thanks for the info
The lack of possibility to downgrade goes against the flexibility that is synonymous with freenas/truenas
Now that I'm stuck with a blue fin
1669648095573.png
, I need to get the apps up and running
I'm not sure I'm "mixing shares and apps". I have a dataset ('video') which is mounted by several media related apps, and additionally is shared by smb and used by kodi to play video files
Is my setup not supported anymore?

why should mounts and smb shares interfere with eachother?

HRS

Dabbler
I reverted to the previous boot environment (Angelfish) after installing RC1 and it's working fine...except Kubernetes broke :(
"working fine... except Kubernetes broke" is exactly what happened to me, which is not "working fine" ...
there are various issues not working correctly in Bluefin-RC1
since I'm "held hostage" in this release - I wait (im)patiently for RC2 hoping that some of the issues are fixed

MisterE2002

Patron
SCALE is still new but issues are not resolved magically. I hope you guys are creating bug tickets with clear steps how to reproduce the issue. I tend to use a basic virtual machine and only explain the steps to the (un)desired result.

NickF

Guru
"working fine... except Kubernetes broke" is exactly what happened to me, which is not "working fine" ...
there are various issues not working correctly in Bluefin-RC1
since I'm "held hostage" in this release - I wait (im)patiently for RC2 hoping that some of the issues are fixed
I fully understand. I ended up doing a fresh install of RC1 and importing my config. Biggest issues I've found in bluefin are surrounding VMS.