Has anyone gotten Backblaze credentials working with Bluefin?

Patrick_3000

Contributor
On December 15, 2022, right after Bluefin was released, I upgraded to Bluefin and, after adding a non-root administrator as requested with Bluefin, got an error message that my Backblaze credentials were not verified. I was therefore unable to continue doing cloud backups to Backblaze. I was unable to solve this problem even after deleting my Backblaze credentials and re-adding them. As a result, I downgraded to Angelfish, after which my Backblaze credentials worked again, and I have been using Angelfish ever since. (I posted about this in an earlier thread on December 16, 2022.)

Yesterday, however, I spun up a test Angelfish machine in a VM, upgraded to Bluefin, and then verified my Backblaze credentials in the test machine, and it worked--that is, the credentials verified. So, it seems that whatever the problem was earlier, it has perhaps been resolved, since Backblaze worked in Bluefin at least in my test VM.

I am now considering upgrading my main NAS to Bluefin again, but I'm worried that I could still have some problems with Backblaze credentials after the upgrade, and then I'd need to downgrade back to Angelfish, which would be a hassle. So, I'm wondering: do others have any feedback regarding whether Backblaze credentials work after upgrading to Bluefin?

Patrick_3000

Contributor
I took the plunge: upgraded to Bluefin, added a user with root and admin group privileges, and ran some cloud backups to Backblaze, and everything appears to be working. The cloud credentials verify. So, it appears that this issue has been resolved.