Rebooted 12-RC1 and nothing is alive at all, SMB, WebUI, VM. (solved: user error)

diskdiddler

Wizard
EDIT:

Ignore this, entirely my fault, very embarrassing - damnit very, very embarrassing - no problems here at all.

As per a my new logged job on Jira for this ........ crossposting, sorry.

Ok long story short - I accidentally deleted my system environment recently (I logged a job for this)
https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-107948
I believe (?) that as I detached the disk which contained this environment, the system was smart enough, to identify that it contained the system environment and relocated it to my primary storage ARRAY.
(When I went to check on S.Env, the menu seemed to indicate it was there, I relocated it again and thought nothing of it)

I made a backup of the system setting at the time in case though.

I have since rebooted finally a few days later and there's no WebUI, no SMB shares, no VMs booting.
System still is getting the right IP and I can log in to it via shell and navigate around to see my data is safe
/mnt/ARRAY/etcetc still exists.

I'm fairly sure, I saw a poster on reddit complain of the same problem with a WebUI not coming back for them for some reason on RC1 as well. Therefore I'm uncertain if my system environment deletion is entirely, unrelated. (This is my first reboot, since moving to 12 RC1)

Does anyone here have any suggestions? Happy to pull debug somehow to help others. However until it's fixed (!!) I can't actually copy those debugs off.
Any suggestions on what I can / should do at this point? Luckily I've fixed DHCP in the house to stop pointing to the PiHoleVM.

Last edited:

diskdiddler

Wizard
zpool status / zfs list are all good, I'm happy with that. It's just some kind of a configuration issue. It does seem fairly serious, because its not just WebUI but SMB / VMs also.

Interestingly, typing 'top' reveals (apparently) extensive use of CPU time by bhyve which I find odd.