WebUI half loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazmad78

Cadet
Hi there,

I recently upgraded to the FreeNAS 9.3 and since then have not needed to access the WebUI of my FreeNAS system - until today. Now when I try and access this all I get is a list of the sections on the left hand side with a broken image load icon and nothing else. I've tried this in multiple browsers and by browsing to the IP and the hostname of the system.

The main admin page is SSL'd up - but I do not think its an issue with the SSL itself as some of my jails are using certs that are signed by the same CA and they are all working OK.

I've tried restarting nginx and ix-nginx as per other threads that I have read and even rebooted the NAS but that made no difference and I still have no idea what is wrong.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Are you using Internet Explorer or do you have no-script plug in installed?

tazmad78

Cadet
Are you using Internet Explorer or do you have no-script plug in installed?

I've tried IE, firefiox, chrome and midori both with plugins enabled and without - even tried to browse using safari on an iPad and see the same thing.

I seem to have the exact problem. I've also tried all browsers. I've also tried rebooting my freenas box but that has not helped. Is there a solution to this problem?
Screenshot%20%289%29.png

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
In Chrome right click, inspect element, and look at the console to see what is erroring out

It contains a bunch of
Code:
 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Edit:
I also see two
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: Menu is not defined.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Try clearing the browser cache.

tazmad78

Cadet
Sadly this did not help.
Hi Luigi,

Just wanted to check - have you tested this in firefox - I seem to get a more meaningful error in that which seems to be a known issue/bug - something to do with the internal CA tool signing more than one cert with the same serial number:
Capture.JPG

I haven't had a chance to try it as yet - but was going to try and replace the cert with one from one of my other hosts as a check. Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Hi Luigi,

Just wanted to check - have you tested this in firefox - I seem to get a more meaningful error in that which seems to be a known issue/bug - something to do with the internal CA tool signing more than one cert with the same serial number: View attachment 6114

I haven't had a chance to try it as yet - but was going to try and replace the cert with one from one of my other hosts as a check. Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

I get a webpage no different from the one I get in chrome while using firefox.
I have also tried using IE and various mobile browsers with no change in results.

tazmad78

Cadet
Managed to replace my cert and have ruled that out too. Getting low on ideas now.

pschatz100

Guru
Without your hardware configuration, you won't get any attention from the forum regulars. Hard to diagnose a problem without having the facts.

I presume that after the update to 9.3, you were able to log into the GUI OK. What have you changed since then?

tazmad78

Cadet
Without your hardware configuration, you won't get any attention from the forum regulars. Hard to diagnose a problem without having the facts.

I presume that after the update to 9.3, you were able to log into the GUI OK. What have you changed since then?

Thats nice of the forum regulars - ignore the newbie who doesn't really know what he is doing and is stuck, but thank you for taking the time to point this out to us.

Right - for the record, my hardware is:

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412312006
M/board: ASRock FM2A55M-HD+
CPU: AMD A4-4000
Mem : 1 x Kingston KVR16LN11/8
Disk: 4 x WD30EFRX RED in RAID-Z2

(Hope that is good enough?).

And to answer your question, yes, post upgrade everything seemed fine - was able to log in, check settings, even set up a jail after that without any issues (std jail nothing fancy that would cause the FreeNAS UI to break).

I've tried to capture the nginx-access.log and nginx-error.log when loading the homepage of the UI and what I've noticed is this:

Code:
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/freenas-logo.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/freenas-logo.png?cache=722fa3a1a4e72bd67cc6a4486d7a2de4 HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/menu/tasks.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/menu/tasks.png HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/menu/directoryservice.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/menu/directoryservice.png HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"

Not sure what is blocking / denying the access.

Thanks

Attachments

• nginx-access.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 245
  • nginx-error.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 226

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Thats nice of the forum regulars - ignore the newbie who doesn't really know what he is doing and is stuck, but thank you for taking the time to point this out to us.

Right - for the record, my hardware is:

Mem : 1 x Kingston KVR16LN11/8
Disk: 4 x WD30EFRX RED in RAID-Z2

(Hope that is good enough?).

And to answer your question, yes, post upgrade everything seemed fine - was able to log in, check settings, even set up a jail after that without any issues (std jail nothing fancy that would cause the FreeNAS UI to break).

I've tried to capture the nginx-access.log and nginx-error.log when loading the homepage of the UI and what I've noticed is this:

Code:
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/freenas-logo.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/freenas-logo.png?cache=722fa3a1a4e72bd67cc6a4486d7a2de4 HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/menu/tasks.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/menu/tasks.png HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"
2015/01/08 09:18:18 [error] 23146#0: *522 open() "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/ui/menu/directoryservice.png" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /static/images/ui/menu/directoryservice.png HTTP/1.1", host: "taz-nas.internal.tazmad.com", referrer: "https://freenas.local"

Not sure what is blocking / denying the access.

Thanks
You mean forum newbies haven't read the rules of the forum? Interesting.

How much ram do you have?

tazmad78

Cadet
You mean forum newbies haven't read the rules of the forum? Interesting.

How much ram do you have?
OK - I walked into that one - I missed the section about the hardware on the rules.

Hardware Spec is:

Mem : 1 x Kingston 8Gb KVR16LN11/8
Disk: 4 x 3TBWD30EFRX RED in RAID-Z2

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
At this point, I recommend a fresh install on new media. If that works, try loading the old config (which you should have backed up - if you don't, configure stuff from scratch).

Status
Not open for further replies.