Ran a command and webui will no longer login

My TrueNAS scale was working without issues until I ran the command I got from a TrueNAS forum "sed -i 's/auth.generate_token",\[300/auth.generate_token",\[999999999999999999999/g' /usr/share/truenas/webui/*.js" so it will never timeout my login session. I have been logged out after some time and when I try to log back in, it will just endlessly load. I have tried rebooting the TrueNAS machine but still doesn't fix itself. I have already tried to force refresh and try another web browser to log into the webui but still doesn't work. I am able to access my files fine through SMB though.

How do I fix this issue?
1689627044646.png

Alecmascot

Guru
Reinstall Truenas and apply your saved config.

samarium

Contributor
Or login to the system console, and use the command again with a more reasonable override, be very careful typing. If it still broken you can always reinstall.

I have tried to redo the command in the system console but it doesn't fix itself unfortunatley. I will have to reinstall I think

If was was to run TrueNAS Scale is a virtual machine, is it possible for me to just do snapshots/checkpoints as a kind of backup for my boot drive when I mess up the configuration like I just did? or will truenas not work with snapshots/checkpoints

samarium

Contributor
If was was to run TrueNAS Scale is a virtual machine, is it possible for me to just do snapshots/checkpoints as a kind of backup for my boot drive when I mess up the configuration like I just did? or will truenas not work with snapshots/checkpoints
I do exactly that for my testing VM.

Check the virtualization resource.