Adjust Auto Logout Time Out

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello Guys,

I know that right now on TrueNas Scale that there is no offering in the GUI to adjust the login timout period whereby the GUI ends your sesstion after a short while. Upon searching on Google I cam across the following command

sed -i 's/auth.generate_token",\[300/auth.generate_token",\[3600/g' /usr/share/truenas/webui/*.js

Is this still applicable or OK to use ?

Thanks,
P

Whattteva

Wizard
It might still work, did you try it? I wish they'd just surface the option to the GUI.

norseman

Dabbler
Looks like it has been proposed, but staff aren't enabling this? It is frustrating.

Last edited:

norseman

Dabbler
This does work

sed -ie 's/auth.generate_token",\[300/auth.generate_token",\[129600/g' /usr/local/www/webui/*.js

You must login again for it to stick though. I t might look like a timeout session afterwards but a quick refresh of the browser window shows you're still logged in.

Thanks for source:

LarsR

Guru
The feature is enabled in Cobia. Just be patient for a couple more weeks until Cobia launches or update to the RC version of Cobia.

panzerscope

Contributor
The feature is enabled in Cobia. Just be patient for a couple more weeks until Cobia launches or update to the RC version of Cobia.

Ah excellent, so they have included the ability in the UI to alter the timeout ?

norseman

Dabbler
1697215915727.png

I was able to update this in the TrueNAS-SCALE-Cobia-RC release.

Thank you! <3