PSA: TrueNAS SCALE Cobia Alert Section

NickF

Guru
Just wanted to share a recent discovery that I think is really cool. There seems to be a MUCH improved and more robust Alert section in SCALE Cobia, at least when compared to CORE.

It seems the developers have been spending a bunch of time augmenting and enhancing alerting in general. Wanted to point out and celebrate that iXsystems is also working on this from the "TrueNAS Application Layer".

With my Spencer Script, I have been generally focused on reporting/alerting problems found at the "Operating system Layer" so I'm glad to see there's still room for my continued development efforts. :smile: @joeschmuck you may also find this useful information to have for your own development perspective. Still not quite the level of detail in multi-report...but maybe someday :wink:
1693671024703.png

But definitely more than was in CORE:
1693671078106.png

Also Scrutiny (in TrueCharts) fills in some of the presentation gaps that you are filling @joeschmuck. Perhaps we can work together and help shape the future of that project? Just trying to find ways to not duplicate efforts and collaborate better in general, I figured I'd ping you for your opinions as well.

1693671184395.png

1693671227611.png

joeschmuck

Old Man
This might put me out of business :wink:

NickF

Guru
I hear ya, but not necessarily, anyway.

Looks like we can demonstrably prove iXsystems is working on improving the overall alerting system. I don’t think it’s wise to assume this overhaul ends here. Whether or not this gets ported back into CORE, though, I’m not sure.

As for scrutiny, might be worth looking to potential building it in a Jail, though I am unsure if it would be (fully) compatible with FreeBSD. I haven’t checked.

To be clear here I love multireport. Don’t get me wrong. It just looks like a lot of development efforts (Scrutiny) in this area are maturing to fill the void that only multireport ever once filled.

So we now have options which on how to look at this type of information…something at one time only JoeSchmuck considered.

Last edited: