SOLVED Problem with virtualising Ubuntu...

Rémi100

Cadet
Hello, I can't manage to virtualize Ubuntu on TrueNAS. Could you please help me?
My goal is to be able to virtualize Ubuntu on my server and install Docker.

My configuration is :
- CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 3500X
- GPU : No
- Motherboard : B450M DS3H
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24GB (3x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- USB (system): 2x Kingston DataTraveler DT100G3/32GB-2P (in RAID)
- HDD (data) : 2x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8Tb (ST8000NE001) (in RAID)
- Power : Gigabyte P450B
- System version: TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1

After doing a TrueNAS virtualization I get this error (image attached). And I'm not very good at doing this kind of thing, so can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you.

(Sorry if the test is not very understandable, but I don't speak English very well, so this text has been partly translated by a translator)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 179

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hello, I can't manage to virtualize Ubuntu on TrueNAS. Could you please help me?
My goal is to be able to virtualize Ubuntu on my server and install Docker.

My configuration is :
- CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 3500X
- GPU : No
- Motherboard : B450M DS3H
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24GB (3x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- USB (system): 2x Kingston DataTraveler DT100G3/32GB-2P (in RAID)
- HDD (data) : 2x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8Tb (ST8000NE001) (in RAID)
- Power : Gigabyte P450B
- System version: TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1

After doing a TrueNAS virtualization I get this error (image attached). And I'm not very good at doing this kind of thing, so can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you.

(Sorry if the test is not very understandable, but I don't speak English very well, so this text has been partly translated by a translator)
The last line of your screen capture is key: "vm_create: This system does not support virtualization."

So either your Gigabyte mother really doesn't support virtualization, or you need to change its BIOS settings to turn on virtualization support.

Rémi100

Cadet
The last line of your screen capture is key: "vm_create: This system does not support virtualization."

So either your Gigabyte mother really doesn't support virtualization, or you need to change its BIOS settings to turn on virtualization support.

Thanks, but do you know what option I should look for approximately ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Thanks, but do you know what option I should look for approximately ?

The manual for the B450M DS3H shows virtualization is disabled by default in the BIOS. Look under M.I.T. -> Advanced CPU Core Settings. There may be a setting for SVM Mode, which is disabled by default. You'll need to enable it to turn on virtualization.