Problem with FreeNAS transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnhy

Dabbler
If I were u, id say, “this is not working”, and start again, try with new M/B.

No use flogging a dead horse.
How do you know its the mobo though? I would if I could be certain.

Jonnhy

Dabbler
There should not really be that much difference between the disk layouts that can cause the problems you are seeing. I wonder if you have a bad disk or 2? Have you looked at the smart data? Can you also try a fresh install of freenas.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi strange thing is that ALL hard drives perform fine and with equal speeds when configured in individual stripe.

Jonnhy

Dabbler
Hello members,

So today I did something really bad... I basically plugged in the LSI card to my main desktop along with the usb key, in order to test freenas. I Successfully transfered 90 GB from my laptop on the raidz2 volume which in my opinion shows good stability. Now does anyone know why I might be having problems with my mobo and/or CPU? (I am excluding PSU, since the entire system was running apart from the LSI card that was attached to the other machine). Should I invest in a new mobo+Cpu if yes what should I go for with a maximum of 120$ that is compatible with registered ECC ram. \

Thanks in advance.

Jonnhy

Dabbler
Lastly after everything else failing, I decided to change the platform upon my FreeNAS server was built. I baught a dual lga 1366 motherboard and for now I am only using one of the e5620 's from my main rig. Everything is working fine so far. I have absolutely no idea why the other motherboard had such big problems with zfs. Anyways, heading on with freenas corral !

Status
Not open for further replies.