Problem flashing SAS 2308 to IT mode on X10Sl7-f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidah

Cadet
Ok, I've tried multiple flash drives to rule that out. I've searched and don't see any answer for this. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.

I downloaded the PH19IT.zip from supermicro ftp: under drivers/sas/firmware/it.

Unzipped and copied the contents from UEFI folder to a (several different) flash drive.

Boot up to UEFI Shell

Mount fs0:
fs0:
I get the fs0:\> prompt.
when I type "SMC2308T.NSH" I get " smc2308t.nsh is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

I've tried downloading the firmware multiple times, and multiple flash drives on various ports on the system with no success.

Any ideas?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is a UEFI shell problem (which is probably user error). I'll move this to offtopic since this isn't really appropriate for FreeNAS directly.

Have you tried doing a "dir" or "ls" in the UEFI shell to see if you are even on the right fs(x) disk?

Keep in mind P19 is NOT supported on FreeNAS. 9.2.1.x only supports P16...

Cidah

Cadet
cyberjock, thanks for the reply. I have downloaded P16 and I'm having the same problem. You're right, it's probably user error. when I do a dir or ls, I get " Cannot open current directory - not found.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sounds like your USB drive isn't formatted to a file system that UEFI supports.. AFAIK the only one supported is FAT32. Is your USB stick fat32?

Cidah

Cadet
I have formatted each flash drive to fat32 per instructions on one of the threads here.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not a clue then.. but clearly if its not listing a directory when you go to fs0 then *something* isn't working right with the file system or partition.

Cidah

Cadet
I agree cyberjock. For now I've decided to just use the other 6 sata connectors on this board. I tried 4 different flash drives, all of the USB ports on the board and case, formatting through windows explorer, disk management, and diskpart. I'm stumped.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Hi,

Flash procedure i used is here
For formatting the USB try to use Rufus

Put everything into root of the USB.

Mega Man

Explorer
i know this is necroing but i had the same issue
i followed these directions to a t and it worked

basically DO NOT "mount fs0"

hope this helps you or others :cool:

ssuede

Cadet
Thanks for this, I've just spent a good part of today trying to get this to work -- DO NOT "mount fs0" finally did the trick.

Mega Man

Explorer
Glad it helped you

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Hi,

Flash procedure i used is here
For formatting the USB try to use Rufus

Put everything into root of the USB.
i know this is necroing but i had the same issue
i followed these directions to a t and it worked

basically DO NOT "mount fs0"

hope this helps you or others :cool:
I know this is old but it took me a while to find this and it's the only thing that worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.