X10SL7-F and flashing M1015 to IT mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

NthTier

Cadet
CPU: 1230v3
Mobo: X10SL7-f (2308 flashed to IT mode)
Mem: 32GB samsung 1600mhz 1.35v (4 sticks)
HBA: M1015 (flashed to IT mode)

Basically this is a bit of a how to for the M1015 flash to the IT mode as it is slightly different for the X10SL7-f due to the onboard LSI 2308.

There are many forum posts around the internet on how to flash a m1015 to IT mode as well as packages for download (including links on another thread).

I used the "UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell" for the sas2flash steps as attempting these same steps in DOS results in a PAL error. I kept banging my head against the wall for what I felt should have been an easy process, so here it goes so you may not have to go through the same problems.

Steps I followed (take no credit for any of these steps other than modifications in red which are themselves just an collection from other posts):

Create a FreeDOS USB stick and put the package on the USB stick and then boot to the USB drive.

Type in the following exactly:
megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
megarec -cleanflash 0
<reboot into BIOS -> Save & Exit -> UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell>
fs0: (or whatever the console lists as your USB drive)
sas2flash.efi -listall (will show you the 2 controllers if using my same setup and take note of the controller index)
sas2flash.efi -o -c X -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom (X is the controller index from above)
sas2flash.efi -o -c X -sasadd 500605bxxxxxxxxx (X is the controller index from above and x= numbers for SAS address)
<reboot>
Done!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
thanks! been searching a while for this
Careful, FreeNAS 9.3.1 uses P20.

Also, that looks like it's one of my first posts.

jkng88

Cadet
got it. replaced the 2118it.bin file with the P20 version before flashing.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Eh, I'm rebuilding the database, so his actual post count should show up in a bit.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
*Enjoys the last hours of crazy like/post ratio*

gpsguy

Did the database rebuild merge Ericloewe's post count with your's? I don't remember you having 18k.;)

Tapatalk shows your username in ALL my PM conversations. If that's the case for all the users, that might account for an inflated number.

Eh, I'm rebuilding the database, so his actual post count should show up in a bit.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Did the database rebuild merge Ericloewe's post count with your's? I don't remember you having 18k.;)

Tapatalk shows your username in ALL my PM conversations. If that's the case for all the users, that might account for an inflated number.
Well, whatever happened, XenForo still hasn't thought it weird that I only show 331 posts.

In a way, it's oddly appropriate. Much like FreeNAS, it'll enter an inconsistent state if you do stuff behind the middleware's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.