Not open for further replies.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you flash it with the IT firmware?

Reactions: SCS

SCS

Dabbler
Did you flash it with the IT firmware?

I had, or at least I had thought it was. I'd tried many things the last few days trying to get it to flash properly. Had an absolute nightmare with the UEFI procedure, luckily the DOS version appears to have worked.

All seems well now. I've got the drives configured in my desired RaidZ3 zfs sending/receiving over some of my datasets from my original drives to ensure i can preform the process as i've never had to use that functionality before.

Once I get comfortable with that going the next thing I'll be doing in benchmarking to see how this preforms. Curious if splitting the dataset over two 9211's would be better then running 8 off of one, and two off the MB.

Just glad i have the next week off of school to be able to sit and test all this before i have to get into my usual grind.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Curious if splitting the dataset over two 9211's would be better then running 8 off of one, and two off the MB.
Shouldn't matter if it's in IT mode. As long as the drives are presented to FreeNAS correctly it doesn't matter what they are connected to.

Reactions: SCS

SCS

Dabbler
Shouldn't matter if it's in IT mode. As long as the drives are presented to FreeNAS correctly it doesn't matter what they are connected to.

Well if that is the case I'll probably look into testing performance with RaidZ2 vs RaidZ3 with a 10 disk array using the HGST 4TB model.

The zfs send/receive speeds aren't impressive at all, although I'm wondering if the older drives are what can be accounted for the reduction in speed compared to what I was thinking i may get. Thats what testing is for.

dvpatel

Dabbler
So, I have 2 TS440s running the LSI 9240-8i (branded as M1015). I plan to install the latest FreeNAS 9.10 and install 3 drives and create a ZFS array.

Do I need to crossflash to 9211-8i or are the new firmwares of 9240-8i okay? Too much information and all threads mention crossflashing so I am lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.