LSI 9211-4i not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyBonkers

Dabbler
I just recently got an LSI 9211-4i and it does not show up in bios at all, nor does it show in any OS. I tried the card in four different systems with three different chipsets and multiple pci slots where possible.

Here are the four systems used for testing.

RIG1: HP Proliant Microserver G8, E3-1265L, 16GB ECC RAM, Internal raid controller turned off (SATA mode set to ahci.), no SATA devices connected to mobo or LSI

RIG2: MSI X99S MPower 7885, i7-6800K, GTX 970(Placed in a lower slot than the LSI), 8GB non-ECC RAM, no SATA devices connected to mobo or LSI.

RIG2: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon, G4400, Graphics output on IGP, 4GB non-ECC RAM, no SATA devices connected to mobo.

RIG4: ASROCK Z370, i7-8700K, 16GB non-ECC RAM, GTX 1080Ti(placed in top slot), multiple SATA storage devices connected to mobo but no devices in LSI

I tried using "sas2flash.efi -listall" in the EFI Console but it threw me an error saying "no LSI SAS adapters found"

Looking at the card I saw three lights:
  • CR1 (Port 0) - Orange light
  • CR7 - Green light
  • CR7 (SYS ERR) - Green light
Please help me diagnose the issue

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Where did you get the card from and is it some sort of an oem variation on the card or is it a genuine LSI card?
A picture of the card might even be helpful, but you haven't given enough information for anyone to help you yet.

So far it just sounds like a defective card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

BloodyBonkers

Dabbler
I bought it used on ebay from a UK based company called Veritas digital services. It was listed as a refurbished and tested LSI 9211-4i(I think its genuine) without a bracket.
It's a shame if its defective as it was only 10 GBP and they sold out all of the units (~200) in a matter of days.

Guessing I'll have to buy another HBA
Is there any significant difference between the PERC H200 and the PERC H310? I see them similarly priced on ebay $27.00 vs $32.50

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It's a shame if its defective as it was only 10 GBP and they sold out all of the units (~200) in a matter of days.
If it was sold that cheap, it sound suspicious. Even the 4 port models usually run more than that, usually between $35 and $45 US
It may have some OEM firmware in it that would keep it from showing up properly. If that is all the problem is, you may be able to clear that firmware and load the LSI firmware. The thing is, you probably need to know what is in it now.
Guessing I'll have to buy another HBA
Is there any significant difference between the PERC H200 and the PERC H310? I see them similarly priced on ebay $27.00 vs $32.50
If you buy one, I would suggest the H310 as it runs a little cooler than the H200 because it is a bit newer. The thing I bought, as an upgrade from the H310, is one like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-H220-6G...0-IT-Mode-for-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID/162862201664

BloodyBonkers

Dabbler
If you buy one, I would suggest the H310 as it runs a little cooler than the H200 because it is a bit newer.
I'll do that, although I'm flashing it myself as the pre-flashed IT cards on ebay seem to cost almost double that of the stock ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.